14

You stood on the ladder to adjust the streamers the strung across the ceiling of the hotel. Chloe insisted that she have the most grand decorations for her party. Which is exactly why you woke up at exactly 5:00 AM to help her decorate the lobby of the hotel.

You haven't bothered to check your messages, you knew it would only make you want to text Luka. Somehow you felt like he should be the one to text first, though you wanted to apologize something about the situation didn't seem right.

"[Y/N] Snap out of it! you're hanging that streamer in the wrong place!" you snapped out of your thoughts as you heard the blonde's voice.

"S-sorry..I was just thinking about something." you replied, moving the streamer to its correct location.

"You can think after we finish decorating, now chop chop!" she clapped her hands, earning a subtle groan from your lips.

"You know you really should be helping out too Chloe, this isn't a one woman job." you remarked, climbing down from the ladder with ease.

"Of course not, that's why I asked Jean-whatever his name is, to help out with the food!" she gleamed, sitting down on the couch and beginning to scroll through her phone.

The party was being thrown to help Chloe connect more with her peers. She wasn't exactly the most likeable person in your school, but it had become clear that she really wanted to throw this party to protect her relationship with Adrien.

"Chloe, why do you care so much about your friendship with Adrien..I don't mean it in a bad way, I'm just curious why you would go to such lengths for a friendship. I mean he must be really special to you, huh..?" you asked whilst plopping next to her on the couch.

"Well Adrikins and I were made for each other! We're practically inseparable!" she rejoiced, but you could tell there was more to it.

"Chloe..it's okay you can trust me, I promise whatever you say is safe with me." you said as you placed your hand on her shoulder which she flinched from.

"Listen [Y/N], Adrien and I are best friends, theres..theres nothing more to it.." the blonde mumbled trailing off to another train of thought.

"I'll tell you, if you tell me what was upsetting you the other night and earlier!" she said as she recalled the other day in which you were in a gloomy mood. She could already guess that you were having boy trouble from the snooping around she did, but of course you didn't know that.

With a heavy sigh and a slight pout, you turned to meet her soft blue eyes, "There's this guy.." you whispered.

"Spill!! What's he like? Is he cute? [Y/N] he better be cute, or else I'm gonna have to reconsider this friendship. I can't hang around someone with and ugly boyfriend, it would really ruin my rep-"

"He's cute Chloe..like...he's fucking hot.." you cut her off, a smirk appearing on her lips as the two of you giggled.

"Well if he's hot then why are you all upset? Why don't you just go for him [Y/N]?" she asked with a slight head tilt.

"I said something that I didn't mean..I thought we we're joking around but I really overstepped my boundaries. I wanna make things up to him , but I just can't bring myself to text him and apologize." you sighed with a saddened expression.

"[Y/N] I clearly have more experience in the boy department, but if you really value his friendship then I don't think you should let him slip away. You wont be here for long, you should make the most of the time you have here. Who knows maybe you two will end up as more than friends~" she playfully nudged you with a teasing smirk.