31

[unedited]

He let out a frustrated groan as he gripped his guitar once more. Surely he was just going through some small road bump right? He once again tried to play a C Major chord on his guitar but only this time the guitar pick pressed another string making him want to cringe at the awful sound.

"Luka.. Maybe you should just give it a rest.." Marinette slowly walked in taking note of his frustration and trying not to pry more than she already was.

The past few days he had been heartbroken over what happened between the two of you. It was taking such a toll on him that he hadn't eaten, slept, or even talked to anyone other than a few simple 'yes' and 'no's'. He tried to convince himself that this was something to get over easily, after all he'd only known you for a few months and he was living perfectly fine without you when you didn't know each other. So why was he having such a hard time forgetting you?

Luka didn't even hear Marinette speak- she took it as if he was ignoring her and simply sighed. He tried once more to play a simple C Major chord on his Guitar. This was the easiest thing he knew how to do. Something that guitarists learned from their first lessons. He channeled all his focus into the placement of his fingers and the direct spots on the strings to which he would strum..

"I didn't kiss Adrien!''

That was enough for him. He threw his guitar down on his bed and flicked his guitar pick to who knows where.

It was your voice.

He just couldn't get you out of his head, that's the reason he couldn't play. His mind was 'swirly' as he would describe it. It's almost as if the guitar was taunting him. Making him suffer for what he had lost. Even in trying to do the most simplest things he couldn't get his mind off of you. He wanted to find some hope that maybe you didn't kiss Adrien like you'd said.. but he couldn't deny his own eyes- He and Marinette both saw you..

He never really found himself getting angry, he didn't see the need to put so much effort into being mad when he could just do something else and channel that energy elsewhere. But now was different, he was angry because part of him felt like he was wrong for what happened. After all he was the one that pushed you away and didn't believe you- but then again his eyes were contradicting your statement so how could he?

"Luka.." Marinette whispered pulling him out of his thoughts.

"Yeah..?" He asked with a hum, he didn't really know that she came to visit him but he didn't mind. He was glad to have someone check up on him that wasn't his mother or Juleka.

"I brought you some food from my parent's bakery.. I'll just leave it here." She put down the tray of baked goods and looked over at him.. he looked so different from what she was used to.

He was wearing an old Jagged Stone t-shirt that had tears and holes it in along with a pair of sweatpants that hung off his waist revealing a little of his stomach. As she looked up she could see that he had eyebags, probably from the lack of sleep. His hair was a mess as if it hadn't been combed in days and she could easily tell that his eyeliner was smudged around his eyes. His nails were normally a solid black color but the black was no longer solid. The polish was chipped beyond repair and if she looked closer she could see that his nails were far from good condition.

He was really going through it.

"Thanks." He walked over to the tray of goods and gave it a good glance before looking down at Marinette. She gave him a nervous smile, hoping that he would take something from the tray and eat it, but he simply just turned his back and returning to sit down on his bed.