VII

His eyes shooting daggers at Davina,  there was this unexplainable anger in his eyes when he looked at her. Davina looked back at Austin who just shrugged his shoulders in response with a grin on his face.

"Etha-"

Within the lightning speed she stood in front of the little boy as she put her arms around him engulfing him in a hug but the little boy struggled in her arms , he kept fighting her , punching her , pushing her away but Davina stayed there unbothered soothing the crying boy, mouthing nothing but - " i am sorry "

"Twice,  you have abandoned me twice . you left me all alone . why are you back? Leave , i don't need you "

He whispered the last words softly as warm tears tainted his cheeks . Davina's heart shattered into million pieces.  she can't deny it,  after all what all he said is true.  she had done nothing but leave him again and again. 

" I don't need you, " he shouted again as he tightened his small arms around her neck. 

they stayed there for a while as the sobbing of little boy slowly faded away . 

" Let's go back,  let's go back to our house " Ethan murmured under his breath only for Davina to hear. 

The life they had before coming here.  it was bloody but peaceful. 

she smiled wiping the tears from his cheeks.

" i have something to do . once we are done. you and me will go back to our house " she smiled brightly as a hint of devil flashed in her eyes.  Ethan could sense the change in her but it wasn't important at the moment .

" what more?  you will leave again? "  Ethan managed to finish his sentence between hiccups.

" not this time,  "

she held his hands tightly as she walked towards Austin who was watching them from a far . There was huge grin on his face yet worries of being on the land of Alex worried him.  he knew they will soon come face to face with each other and he was afraid. afraid of what she will do ! .

A strong cold wind passed through them and a big silhouette appeared behind them. 

" Is she the girl? " the man asked.

Davina's heart started beating rapidly as the deep voice landed in her ears . her blood ran cold as her palms began sweating,  if it was normal times , she would have just ran into his arms but now,  now he doesn't even remember her and is about to get engaged to some girl , he is supposedly head over heels for. 

what is that she is supposed to do ? Davina was unsure of how she is supposed to act ! Davina wanted to rip that girl into pieces but she can't unsee the truth , the truth , that those grey eyes were shinning like they are holding millions of galaxy inside it ,that there was this perfect smile dancing on his lips and for once , he looked happy,  happy in a way she never had seen him .

" No, Drop that Mother Teresa's thought,  i love galaxies and we are not letting that girl drapped in blue have him "

Davina felt a little relieved after hearing her wolf's words. if her wolf had also agreed to what she was thinking , she had no idea what in the world would she was supposed to do?! 

she confidently looked up, masking a fake smile over her face and once again those grey eyes mesmerized her.

On the other hand,  Alex looked lost . his eyes fixed on hers , as a sense of familiarity and longing surrounded Alex.  he stood there frozen for a while,  sadness tugged his heart as he looked her. 

"Night" his wolf whispered. this was the first time in a long time that his wolf had said something . 

He was putting the ring on Victoria , his mate but he don't know what took over him when he looked at a strange looking guest. 

It was a girl,  who looked like she just got back from a long and endless battle , her weak frame was filled with fresh wounds as her ripped clothes were barely covering them . she looked soulless and empty yet still she was so heavenly beautiful in Alex's eyes .

her forest green eyes complimenting her hazel brown hair perfectly. her eyes were holding scars . scars of battle he wanted to know .

" is she the girl for whom you turned my pack upside down?  " Alex said completing his sentence from earlier.  his eyes once again glued to Davina. 

" No,  she isn't " Austin retorted back immediately.  he was just so quick to defend that it made Alex doubt him. an awkward silence surrounded them until a voice interrupted them

" There you are,  i've been looking for you everywhere "

"Victoria " Alex whispered without turning around . when Davina turned to look at the source of the voice , her eyes met with the same girl from earlier but what bothered Davina more was how Alex slided his hands in the girl's pulling her closer to him. although the mate bond was gone but she still felt like thousands of needles have pierced her skin at the same time. her eyes dimmed a little with what she was seeing .

Ethan tugged Davina's hand diverting her attention to him. she smiled widely assuring him that its okay.

" You look hurt,  let me treat you " The girl said bringing Davina's attention to them . Victoria eyes were at the bruises all over her body, she couldn't understand how can someone land with as severe wounds like these , it looked painful to her. a while back she was anguished over the fact how her mate left her and ran over to some unknown rogue looking girl and although Davina's presence was bothering Victoria but she can't help but feel sorry for the her.  it felt like she owed her big .

Davina raised her eyebrows at Austin and before she could decline her kind looking gesture Alex interrupted them again. 

" let her treat you - she is a Doctor "

"Of course she is!  Is there anything left that we haven't seen in this life? "

A sigh escaped from Davina's lips as she nodded her head , leaving dumbfounded Austin and Ethan. 

" I will be back, stay with Austin until i return " she said softly looking at the little boy by her side.  he was reluctant to let her go but still nodded. She looked back at Alex the last time before walking away towards the pack infirmary with Victoria .

A deep silence settled down in every crook of the forest and although the pack is celebrating, Davina still couldn't wrap her head at the fact that why there was no guards around this area . with every step they were taking, the unsettling aura was returning back to her , the chills ran through her body and suddenly someone grabbed her neck and a strong force pushed her back on the nearby tree, hard .

The viens popped up from her neck and her blood ran cold as Davina's shocked eyes met hers.  those once kind looking eyes were now blood red.

" I let you live, and yet you returned " the person drapped in blue whispered as an evil yet treacherous smile lifted the corner of her eyes.