XVII

" Once this gets over ,if you survive you better be ready for what's coming next to you . If i separate your wolf from you . you will be nothing but an empty soul . empty , dark , hollow and void . you will remember all the lives you have lived since your soul existed . There wont be any wall , somethings that you were supposed to never forget will come back to you to haunt and you will realize that maybe what and who you want right now isn't something you will want " Victoria said , her voice heavy with sincerity, warned Davina of the consequences to come. She looked toward Lucifer, who avoided her gaze, a silent acknowledgment of the gravity of their actions. The unease in the air thickened, and a tense silence fell upon them all. When no one dared to speak, Victoria motioned for Alexander to step back, cautioning him not to intervene.

"Whatever happens , don't interfere . You will kill them both, and I will not be responsible for what transpires," Victoria cautioned, her eyes fixed on Alexander. As he stepped away, Lucifer erected a barrier around Davina and Ethan, ensnaring them within its confines. In an instant, the world was bathed in a flash of blue and white light, and the chant of Victoria's ominous spells filled the air.

Davina's cries of pain pierced the stillness, her body radiating an intense, glowing red light as Victoria began the harrowing process of separating her wolf spirit from her. The forest itself seemed to shudder, as if recoiling from the dark and forbidden magic unfolding within its ancient, shadowy depths. Victoria's clothes has changed from her usual attire to a long plain and pure white dress trailing from behind it . the dress was embellished with white stones on it forming some beautiful pattern over it as a crown appear on her head .

Alexander could recognize the dark overwhelming aura emanating from Lucifer as to that of what he read in the old books of supernaturals but his eyes couldn't believe it . its of the Lord of darkness and death himself but how's this possible for one to be among them . His eyes were fixed on Davina as her cries filled his ears . Alexander was barely holding his wolf but soon lost it entirely into his wolf when he saw Lucifer emerging a sword out of nowhere and stabbing Davina's heart with it .

Lucifer, having stabbed Davina ,he fell to his knees in despair, his eyes reflecting a mixture of regret and horror at what he had just done. His hands trembling as the sweats starting breaking on his forehead . It was evident that this act was not taken lightly, and an air of solemnity surrounded him. The sword he wielded seemed to gleam with an otherworldly darkness, an instrument of separation between Davina's human form and her intertwined wolf spirit.

Meanwhile , As Alexander, consumed by grief and fury, witnessed Lucifer's actions from behind the impenetrable barrier, he transformed into a wolf, clawing at the mystical shield in a futile attempt to reach the one responsible for Davina's suffering. Lucifer's emotions were mess that was making the barrier unstable . The rage emanating from him shook the very foundation of the magical barrier he formed .

While Victoria, in the midst of her spellcasting, remained focused on her task despite the chaos surrounding her. The change in her attire, the shift from white to black, mirrored the dark nature of the magic she was wielding. Her crimson crown seemed to resonate with the depth and darkness of the incantations she chanted, binding Ethan's body with the wolf soul of Davina.

Just as the barrier seemed on the brink of collapse under Alexander's relentless assault, Victoria completed the intricate spell. The barrier fell, and Alexander's wolf lunged at Lucifer, claws bared in an unrestrained attack fueled by grief and vengeance.

 Astonishingly, Lucifer did not evade the assault; he allowed Alexander's wolf to strike, his back clawed open in the process. soon blood gushed out of the wounds in large amount soaking his white shirt in red but Lucifer didn't even hissed by the deep claws mark on his back . he didn't move an inch from his position. His eyes were fixed on Davina's body laying there lifeless .

Before Alexander's wolf could launch a second attack, Victoria intervened, pushing the enraged wolf back. Her actions were an attempt to prevent further bloodshed and to make Alexander comprehend the purpose behind the harrowing ritual .

" Stop it . she is alive and so is the kid " she said glaring back at Alexander wolf . Alex wolf still was focused on fighting with lucifer took steps back as he heard her and before she could say anything more she paused to look back at lucifer , her eyes widened by the wounds on Lucifer back .

" Lucifer " Victoria called out but when nothing followed her voice , she spoke up again .

" Why aren't you healing ?"

But what followed her question was dead silence as his eyes were fixed on Davina whose breaths were shallow . he wanted to hold her in his arms but his demons were creating inner chaos . 

Lucifer's demons whispered in his mind, their voices a cacophony of taunts and reminders of his dark history. The demons' whispers grew louder, their accusations sharper. "You never change, Lucifer," one voice hissed. "You're a creature of darkness, leaving a trail of broken hearts behind you," another sneered.

They reminded him of the countless times he had been down this treacherous path with women he had loved before in past in his human existence . Each memory was a spectral echo, a haunting reflection of his past sins that he had desperately tried to bury within the recesses of his heart.

His chest tightened, the weight of guilt and regret pressing down on him. The memories clawed their way to the surface, vivid and torturous. Face of the women he had once cherished flashed before his eyes, her expressions twisted with pain as he repeated the same tragic mistakes. He felt the burden of every betrayal, every heart he had callously shattered , After all he once was a human too .

Victoria's question hung in the air, a poignant reminder of the current moment. The silence that followed was deafening, punctuated only by the shallow breaths of Davina's. Lucifer's conflicted gaze remained fixed on Davina, torn between the desire to comfort and the fear of repeating the mistakes of his past.

Caught in the tumult of his own thoughts, Lucifer remained ensnared as Davina opened her eyes. Alexander, on the verge of breaking down, shifted back from his wolf form to his human self and rushed towards her, enfolding her in a tight embrace. Warm tears streamed down his eyes, marking Davina's cheeks, yet her attention wasn't fixed on Alexander this time. Instead, her gaze was locked onto the formidable Lord of Death, Lucifer, who avoided meeting her eyes. Gently extricating herself from Alexander's embrace, she walked toward where Ethan lay.

Alexander sensed a change in Davina—her gaze, her stride, her demeanor—all different. She appeared powerful, yet strangely distant, void of any emotions.

"Put something on, at least," Victoria interjected, tossing a pair of boxers at Alexander, momentarily diverting his thoughts. He took the hint.

"Why isn't Ethan waking up?" Davina inquired, seeking answers from Lucifer, but Victoria stepped in to explain.

"He will when the wolf forms a bond with his human. It'll take a few days." Davina nodded, standing up and intending to approach the man who eluded her gaze. Before she could take a step, he finally stood, turning his back on her. In an instant, the dark forest transformed into the walls of Lucifer's mansion.

"Show our guests the way out," Lucifer commanded, striding away. Like a phantom emerging from the shadows, a man directed them toward the room's exit .