XVI

" You won't die , That's not gonna happen , " Lucifer growled stopping Davina in between ,he was holding her closer , closer enough for her to hear and feel his hot breath on her neck .His voice was deep and menacing, and his body radiated a dark aura. Davina couldn't believe if he was the same man who was just sitting a second back having tea like he doesn't owe anything to the world .

"I will get Alexander and the kid " Victoria said breaking the awkward atmosphere . She gave one last look to Lucifer before vanishing into thin air . 

--------------

Davina walked back and forth nervous and worried while lucifer was getting dizzy keeping up eyes on her walk .

" Just for your information.  My palace is not a place for the likes of you to have some hidden meetings or a spell ground "  He shouted out loud with a hint of sarcasm to her but she ignored his words like some bee humming in her ears .

Earlier Victoria left to get back Ethan's body and Alex both . She was worried about what will Victoria come up to tell Alexander. The truth or its some made up lie . Will he believe them ? Her thoughts slowly drifted from Alexander to Daeliah . She was awfully quiet , even her wolf's breaths were rarely audible to her . she have never thought of a day when there is no Daeliah with her . She was feeling suffocated even by the thought of it . 

"say something ." Davina asked her wolf but Daeliah responded with silence .  what was she supposed to say ? Even she wanted Ethan back alive . she also loved him but not on the cost of her own human .  

" I won't let your human die " Lucifer whispered in her ear seeing her wolf's uneasiness . It's the first time Lucifer had talked directly to Davina's wolf . His words were soothing on Davina's ears . They were like ice on burned wounds . It can't remove the pain but  can provide temporary relief.

"How can you be so sure of it ? Everyone is bound to die someday . " Davina asked looking straight  at him.

"Because devil doesn't want you to die ." His words made Davina chuckle as his smile widened . 

"Then , I feel assured " she said sarcastically .

but before any of them could say any further Victoria was back with Alexander on her side with a lifeless Ethan in Alexander's arms  . He gently laid down Ethan's body on the nearby couch .

"Davina," Alexander's voice quivered with regret, his eyes filled with sorrow. He dashed towards her, enfolding her in a tender, tight embrace. Yet, Davina's gaze remained fixed on Ethan's lifeless body, tears welling up in her eyes. She silently sobbed, seeking solace in Alexander's arms, while Lucifer observed from a distance, a silent witness to their anguish. Victoria's gaze momentarily shifted to Lucifer, and she let out a heavy sigh before addressing them.

" That's it for reunion " Victoria said coming between them as Alexander softly let Davina go . 

" Cry later , We have work to do " she told Davina . 

"Tell me what you need," Davina responded, her voice determined.

 "i need your blood " Victoria requested of Alexander. Confusion clouded his mind, but he complied without questions, recalling Victoria's words from earlier when she asked him to come with her .

"  I am not the mate you were supposed to be with . I know what i am saying might be sounding absurd to you but just this once come with me . We have to stop this for once and all . Help me , Victoria paused for a while before continuing " Help Davina"

Alexander dared to provoke Lucifer, asking, "Are you going to resort to dark magic?" A silent battle of wills waged between them. Although Alexander remained unaware of Lucifer's identity, he couldn't ignore the overwhelming aura emanating from the enigmatic figure but still his presence near Davina was threatening his wolf .

"Don't look at me like that ,I don't do magic. It's not my domain . i was supposed to be on vacation .   " Lucifer declared calmly. 

Then Lucifer raised his hand, directing it towards Ethan's lifeless body. With a mere gesture, Ethan's body began to levitate, the atmosphere growing heavier around them, and the surroundings transformed into a dark, foreboding forest. 

The dark forest enveloped the group in an eerie, otherworldly shroud. It was a place where the boundary between the living and the dead was blurred, and time seemed to stand still. The air was thick with an unsettling stillness, broken only by the occasional rustle of leaves and the distant hoot of an owl. 

" If you die here , there will be no record of you in the dead or living and your soul will suffer in unfathomable torment , are you sure you wanna do it  " Victoria asked Davina and Davina nodded in acceptance .

Then Lucifer laid the body of Ethan on the ground of forest as he waved his hand in air and suddenly trees start shifting . Dark souls, shadowy beings in human form, emerged from the depths of the forest. Alexander positioned himself in front of Davina, ready to protect her from these enigmatic entities, his grip on her hand unwavering. The shadowy figures spoke, their voices tinged with uncertainty, questioning Lucifer's intentions.

" Are you sure about this my lord ? "   they inquired, to which Lucifer merely blinked, an air of profound determination about him.

" lie down or sit " .Victoria instructed Davina and she obediently followed the command. Alexander hesitantly relinquished his grip, his worry for Davina etched deeply onto his face. Victoria began to chant an incantation, and the forest responded. Tree branches began to twist and coil around Davina and Ethan holding them in one place and the branches started forming a square lines around them , and the wind stirred into an aggressive frenzy as the dark shadow disappeared back in the same way they emerged .

 Thunder rumbled in the distance, a warning from other gods and elders of the Moon Coven, an attempt to halt the dark and forbidden ritual they were undertaking. But Lucifer's dominion over this realm prevented any interference from other deities or the living.