Bofur- the white knight (part 1)( mature)

A/N: this has some major violence and references to forceful intentions.

(Holding out for a hero- Bonnie Tyler)

It was the dinner hour and the Dragons Beard Inn, where you worked as a serving girl, was packed full...all because of some massive storm that rolled in at sunset over Dale. You hear patrons drunkenly holler out at you for more ale and as you walk over, feeling hands pinching, stroking, and swatting your backside in passing the many drunken men, on your way to thier table. Your thoughts run away..back to when all of this began.

It had been two years since the battle with the frightful orcs and the demise of Smaug. Dale was growing and flourishing greatly under the mindful care of King Bard, who was at this time, sitting over by the fire drinking some of the Inns fine brew of ale. It was becoming well known that Dragons Beard ale was the best ale around..second only to Erebor ale made by the dwarven brewmasters up yonder in the mountain.

Finally you made it over to the table, after many dodges and weaves, to set down the mugs before the men..Marduk and his two cronies..rich mischief makers. You hear the tavern door open and turning around you shout out "Ill be with yeh in a moment." There in the door stood a lone dwarf in the entrance way...as the door began to close, lightening flashed, illuminating him perfectly. He looked like a sodden mess from all the rain, but you could still see his features...the dark, dark brown hair that was pulled into two braids...one on either side of his head. The mustache, that even though was drooping from being so wet, looked lush and lovely as it framed full lips that turned up in the sweetest smile you had ever seen when he saw you coming over his way. As you got closer you realized you both were roughly the same hieght...him being 4'10" to your 4'11".

"Canna I help yah sir?" you stammered out as he gave you another sweet smile...his hazel eyes meeting yours.

"Im here teh meet a friend of mine lass. Have yeh seen..." he was cut off as he heard Bard shout out...waving him over to where he sat.

"Ahh...never mind...There he is." he turned back towards you with a smile that lit his face up...he had a strong accent that sounded lovely and enticing to your ears. "Lass. Can we have a round of yur finest ale and anything else yeh got teh eat?" you couldnt help the smile that came to your face as he held his hand over his heart, dramatically,..slightly bowing to you with a twinkle in his eyes and a goofy smile upon his lips.Shaking your head yes, you went to the kitchens, grabbing a large platter of breads, friuts and cheeses..and then on your way you grabbed a couple of tankards of ales. You slowly and expertly made your way over to the Kings table where the dwarf was sitting at..setting the drinks and food down you see them smile at you. You returned it before quickly hustling off to tend to the other patrons here. As you worked your eyes kept straying over to the kings table where him and the dwarf were conversing at..you made sure they were still good by glancing over..occasionally you saw the dwarf eyes looking back at you, which for some reason made you blush slightly.

~what was his name again~ you thought to yourself.~oh yeah..Bofur.~

*******************************************************************

Bofur had come to this Inn to talk to Bard...Thorin being the one who had sent him here since mostly out of the company he was on the best speaking terms with the Dale King. Now here Bofur was sipping on his ale, listening to Bard talk about how Dale was coming along..all while watching the girl working. His mind and eyes kept wandering over to where she was busteling about..filling ales, evading drunken touches, cleaning tables, more dodging of hands. As he watched her, he felt concern and worry worming its way inside of him over this slip of a girl. He didnt know what to make of it..why was she having to deal with these mens unwanted touches...where was the bouncer of this place to protect theses girls...so he kept sipping his ale. He noticed she was small..like a dwarf..but was to skinny and had no facial hair to speak of...Bofur was intrigued...greatly.