Ghost Riders of Mahal -prelude (PG)

A/N: Rashadarkblade89  asked for a prelude to my ghost riders story and here it is. The video is beautiful and made me cry...it truly symbolizes Thorin, Fili and Kili relationship. 

####################################################################################

The skies above Erebor became clouded as Mahal looked down onto the battle below being fought upon the the frozen slopes of the Lonely Mountain. As he gazed down upon the war torn landscape below, he felt a heaviness in his heart at this senseless destruction of his children. Suddenly he felt two soft hands upon his shoulders and turning his head he gazed into his gentle wife , Yavanna's ,eyes that were filled with sorrow.

"Yavanna...look below...they are out numbered and yet they still fight on...knowing that death awaits them. i am prevented from changing their fate, but..." he trailed off at the loss of words that laid in him....she sighed and finished for him.

"You feel as if you need to do something...anything?" he nodded his head..their eyes caught the movement of two young princes stalking down the hallways of a crumbling stone tower, both unknowing what laid in wait for them along this path.

"Look, amralime (my love), these two..Fili and Kili of the Durin bloodline...they followed their uncle to this place..their belief and loyalty in him so strong that they are willing to chance everything." he motioned over to where two dwarven men stood fighting a horde of goblins that were trying to push forward..these two stood strong as they cut the vile creatures down, thus repelling them back. " And this one, Thorin, he's here not for glory or promise of riches, unlike his cousin Dain...but for the promise and hope of a home for his people. He is willing to give his life..his all just so his people will have a place to call home again. How can I let this happen, men yasith (my perfect wife)? Tell me how I can let such selflessness ...such nobility and a strong perseverance of heart and mind fade away? I keep thinking if there isn't a way I could save them?" he lowered his head into his hands as a wave of hopelessness washed over him...not noticing a spark of an idea coming into his wife's eyes.

"Oh Aule...what if there was a way? I may have an idea that may work..maybe not exactly the way we wished, but maybe there's a way to preserve their noble sacrifice." his head flew up as a sparkle of hope entered his eyes. "Here's my thoughts, love." she leaned down and began to whisper into his ear as the glow of hope flowed over him at her words. After listening to his brilliant wife, they both turned to watch the battle proceeding beneath...waiting for the inevitable to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fili could feel his feet dragging along the stones of the watchtower, as he was hauled towards the edge by Azog...the pale white orc and Durin nemesis. The golden prince's head rang from the blows he had received from the goblins and orcs inside the tower as they had pushed and threw him up the stairs to the top. His limbs felt heavy and didn't respond to his will, making him unable to push away from his assailant as he brought Fili to the edge of the tower then suddenly being thrust up into the air by the back of his neck to dangle over the edge. As Azog spoke in his black speech, Fili's eyes focused upon the men below, who were staring in horror and disbelief up at the scene unfolding before their eyes. A pair of blue held his own and a wash of helplessness over came him as he gazed down. Fili knew he had to do something to save his family and friends, even though he knew it was to late for him, maybe he could save them still...he gathered a deep breath into his lungs...feeling a sharp pain there as he screamed.

"Go! RUN!"he saw his uncle stagger back just before Fili was stabbed through his chest by Azogs double bladed hand and then tossed over the edge to fall towards the ground. Fili could feel every bone in his body shattering at the impact and as he felt his last breath leaving his body, his blue eyes saw his beloved younger brother, Kili, staring down on him in horror...hidden in a side tunnel entrance...then he died. Fili could feel his soul flowing out of his body with his last breath and a prayer in his heart of ~Mahal ...protect them..please.~ As he looked up to the heavens he saw a gol,den hand of light wrapping around him and holding him within its warmth.