Anywhere for you (Fili/Sigrid)(PG)

The battle for Erebor was long and gruesome to say the least, but in the end it was won by the Dwarves, Mirkwood Elves and Humans of Dale with little loss of life to all except for the orcs and goblins. The line of Durin made it through the battle and lived with scars as reminders of that fateful day on the icy slopes of the Lonely Mountain, the grandest Dwarven home in all of Middle Earth. The people of Dale also pulled through the devastating battle to come out safe and sound on the other side with little casualty to their home...that sly weasel Alfrid being one of the few to give his life in protection of the city, by catapulting himself straight into a trolls mouth and choking the life out of him. Now , several years later both cities were rebuilt and flourishing under the guidance of the King Under the Mountain, Thorin, and the Dale King, Bard...both ruling over their kingdoms with benevolence and understanding with their heirs standing at their sides. In Erebor , the Heir Princes Fili and Kili , were growing stronger everyday from their injuries and growing more in love with the two women who had captured their hearts from the moment they laid eyes on them. Kili fell in love with the elvish Mirkwood captain Tauriel while Fili feel in love with none other than the Princess of Dale, Sigrid who seemed to invoke Fili's protective side like no other had before.

Everytime he looked upon her he saw her sweet gentle nature shining through her blue eyes filled with innocence of this world...her every action verifying that as she took care of her family. From the moment he began to court her he tried to show her that he was strong...he was able to take care of her by cosseting as if she was a porcelain doll. He even went so far as to take over her chores of cutting the firewood...stopping her before she got started.

"Sigrid...amralime (my love)...I'll do the firewood...you go inside and relax. This is a job for a prince...not a princess." he took the axe she was about to swing in chopping firewood and took one of her hands into his own...gently stroking the soft flesh within his own rough calloused ones...she bit her tongue and allowed him to take over this task for her...going into her home where she huffed in annoyance. This was just one of many events that took place...each time she was protected from any kind of harm or having to break a sweat in labor. Sigrid knew he loved her and only sought to pamper her because he loved her so much...so she overlooked it all until one day he made the mistake of saying the one thing that got to her...the day she asked to be taught how to handle a knife.

"Fili. I am perfectly capable in doing this. I can't just depend on everyone to guard me all the time. I need to be able to protect my own self. I can not depend on someone being with me at all times to keep me safe from harm...cant expect someone to always be there." she tried to reason with him but saw it was no use.

"Sigrid...I'm supposed to be your Prince Charming. I'm supposed to save from all that can bring you harm...be it an orc or even a splinter...It is my duty and privilege to keep you safe." he took her hands in his own and stared in earnest into her eyes...she knew he meant what he said, so she decided in secret to get training in the use of the blade by none other than Tauriel. Fili never knew about her training until one day it was called upon...it was a day that Fili wised up about what makes a true prince..or princess of Middle Earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The sound of pounding hooves upon the hard earth herald the approaching riders who were racing for the Grey Mountain range where a war party of Orcs was heading...with the two Erebor Princes in their clutches. Earlier this morning , Fili and Kili, had snuck out of the mountain to do a spot of hunting and other things...both felt a need to get away from their royal duties to relax for the day. It had been a stressful month for Fili , since Thorin had taken a small holiday to go and visit an old friend back in the Shire...leaving Fili as the acting King until he came back. Kili saw the toll the crown was taking on his elder brother..having to attend meeting after meeting with all the nobles in the region who were seeking to take advantage of him being so young. Each of them kept dismissing him by saying " when your older...your so young you don't know any better...are you sure the King would want that..."and so forth...questioning everything he did and said to the point it was wearing him down to nothing. Seeing this, Kili concocted a plan to ease his elder brothers stress...they had secretly asked for Sigrid and Tauriel to join them in sneaking away, saying "Today, let's throw all our duties..our responsibilities to the wind and relax from it all." which both women readily agreed ...both feeling the same way.