A Christmas Message (PG)

Song: Hallelujah- Lindsey Stirling

A/N: I suggest you listen to this song as you read..after the storytelling portion...it is beautiful and embodies the spirit of this season.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It was the night of Christmas eve in Erebor and the city was bustling as the residents rushed to finish the last of their Christmas preparations. Deep within this illustrious city laid a small cafe that had closed up for the night to customers as the friends and family of this establishment gathered together in a joyous celebration. The interior was decorated beautifully for the party ,that was commencing inside, with lovely twinkle lights, pine garlands and swags decorated with red velvet bow, and a warm fire in the large fireplace that had 7 stockings hanging or propped up upon the mantle with meticulous care. Tables covered with Christmas cloth held a vast assortment of food and drinks upon it for the merry revelers that had gathered within to offer their well wishes to one another on this very night...all safe and toasty warm from the chilling snow that laid outside. There was laughter in the air as the party goers lifted their glasses in cheer...filling the night with joyful songs of the season, while the children giggled at the sight ,of their parents as all avoided the winter's bite.

As the festivities got under way the children ran around the adults laughing as they played ...dodging and weaving through the crowd in their excitement about tomorrow morning. Against a wall was one of the parents...his dark mane spread across his shoulders and down his back as he leaned there sipping on his hot spiced cider. Standing next to him was a shorter man with soft honey curls and caramel colored eyes, also lounging against the wall as he gazed upon the gathering before him....slowly the dark haired man casually leaned over to whisper at the other.

"So, Bilbo. Is Bombur really doing it? Is he actually dressing as the big SC?" his grey eyes saw the small nod and he smiled in amusement.

"Yup...he is Bard. He should be here any moment now..." Bilbos voice trailed off as he saw a dark chestnut haired man with a floppy eared hat on his head give a short wave at him and a inclining of his head. " He's here. Bofur just gave the signal that he's arrived." both men pushed themselves away from the wall as they watched Bofur entering the room, clapping his hands loudly to garner the attention of the children throughout the room.

"Oye! Come gather around my leanai (children)..gather before me. " he gestured for the children to sit in a circle around him as he smiled in jovial delight at them. " It's time fer the tale...the tale of the big man himself....Santa Claus." the children giggled as they listened attentively to his Irish lilting voice weave the story.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

'Twas the night before Christmas, when all through the tavern
The family was gathered, within this great and beautiful cavern;
The stockings were hung by the chimney with care,
In hopes that St. Nicholas soon would be there;

~The children twittered as they listened to him..their eyes sparkling like stars while they sat there at his feet as he reclined in a chair~

The children supposedly nestled all snug in their beds,
With visions of sugar-plums dancing in their heads.
And Cooper in his 'kerchief, and I in my hat,
Had just settled our behinds for a long winter's chat.

~ Bofur tilted his hat as he spoke and there were chuckles around that could be heard...then as he was painting his tale he suddenly leaped up from his chair...to rush to the window as a noise could be heard from outside~