Loves first kiss (PG)

It was a bleak and chilly winter day in Laketown..the inhabitants huddled around the warm fires in their homes to counter the chilling snows outside. One such family had just sat down for their evening meal when a knock sounded on the doors...echoing through the weather worn domicile. Bard looked at the door as he slowly stood up from the table to answer..motioning for his children Sigrid who was 15..Bain who was 12..and little Tilda who was only 7, to stay at the table...opening the door he saw a hunched over figure of a man standing at the door. 

"Can I help you sir?" His voice was soft and melodic as his soft grey eyes taking in the form that trembled in the cold before him. Slowly Bard reached out to place a hand on the mans shoulder...his voice filled with concern."Sir? Are you okay?" at that moment the form looked up and a pale face presented itself...framing silvery green eyes.

"Warmth...I can feel it from here." the raspy sound shocked Bard into motion...he quickly opened the door and helped the man inside...setting at the table as Sigrid rushed to place a hot bowl of stew before him...those green eyes gave Sigrid the chills. "Thank you ..lass." his voice held a small hiss as his eyes glinted for a moment before shielding their coldness once again from the others. Sigrid barely was able to stammer out a ~Your Welcome~...Bards eyes peered at his eldest daughters behavior, but chalked it up to shyness.The man ate his meal with great gusto...slurping it down quickly, dribbling it down the front of his clothes..staining them with brown broth. Sigrid tried to contain her disgust at the sight of it...hiding behind her drink to conceal her features, trying to ignore the small looks the stranger gave her, until finally once the meal had been eaten  he turned to her father.

"That was a fine meal, my good sir. Who do I thank for this delicious stew?" Bard peered at the man through steepled fingers... pondering his words...feeling like something wasn't right here, but having no proof.

"That would be my daughter, Sigrid. She's a fine cook and the lady of our home." the man began to sneer in delight as he turned his cold eyes onto the young woman.

"Yes...yes.. she is a fine woman. Quite a beauty..young but still beautiful." suddenly his eyes turned back to Bard who's grey eyes were narrowing at his tone. "Alright...How much? I need a wife and she will do...so how much for the girl?" Bard's face became livid at this mans words...he stood up from the table.

"She's not for sell...not now..not ever." he spat and came closer to the astounded man. "This is my daughter..not some piece of merchandise. You come in here , eat our food, then you dare insult my daughter." Bard grabbed the man by the collar and began to drag him towards the door that was being opened by Sigrid herself as she grinned at her father.

"Everything is for sell bargeman, you best remember that." they neared the door and just as Bard was about to push him out the door the man grasped the edges and glared into Bards eyes....those green eyes seemed to glow from deep within. "Mark my words Bard the bargeman...if you do not give me your daughter then..I place a curse on your daughter. There will come a day when the line of Girion returns to Dale once again...the first spring that comes to pass, if she has not become my wife then she will fall into a deep sleep that no man will be able to break... only true loves first kiss can break this curse or me."Bard growled at the man and shoved him out the door as he screamed. "You will beg me Bard...you will come to me  begging on your knees for me to release the spell. YOU WILL BEG ME!"then the door slammed..shutting out the sounds of the crazed man. Bard turned to see his children holding onto each other in fear..he quickly gathered his family to him and held them tight ..speaking words of comfort.

"Shhh...my darlings. It will be alright..he was just crazy. He doesn't know what he's talking about. It will be fine...Dale is gone..destroyed years ago in dragon fire. There's no way we will ever return to that place, my doves."