INTRODUCTION!

KATERINA MITCHELL, who prefers to go by Kate, has always been a fan of Karate

KATERINA MITCHELL, who prefers to go by Kate, has always been a fan of Karate. Ever since her father had introduce her to Karate at a young age and showed her some of his videos from Karate tournaments she loved Karate. Kate even said one day she's going to be just like her dad, follow in his footsteps with winning a lot of championships, which made her dad happy and proud. When Kate was ten, she got interested in learning Karate and so she asked her dad to teach her.

Her dad, Tanner, was more than happy to teach her. Tanner used to do Karate and won many championships and was even undefeated at one point back in the day which made him pretty famous. Tanner decided on moving to Seaford to be closer to his nephew, who they all didn't get to see much because they lived far apart. He knew it was a small city and so he figured maybe no one (beside his nephew) knew about him so he thought it would be a good place for a fresh start. Somewhere he hoped can just live a normal life with his family since in Ellingtonville, New York, everyone would want autographs or pictures when he's out in public.

Kate decided on going with her dad when he moved. She didn't care about leaving Ellingtonville behind since she didn't have any friends. Her mom would've gone with them and she wanted to go with them, but she wanted to stay there for her job that she loved. She loved being a lawyer and she knew she most likely wouldn't get a job as good as what she has now in Seaford. Kate and Tanner were very understanding and supported her with her decision, saying that they all would keep in touch with each other.

Tanner suggested for Kate to join her cousin's dojo because he knew Rudy's dojo wasn't doing that well and that Rudy could use some more students. Kate was hesitant on joining the Bobby Wasabi Martial Arts Academy because of the reputation it had. She did join it because Rudy is family and she didn't want him to lose the dojo. She knew how important it was to him and she would do all she can to help him keep it. Kate and Rudy get along well and despite the fact they're cousins they have more of a sibling bond.

Kate is much closer with her dad, but she does get along with her mom well. When her parents got a divorce she was devastated. She didn't even know that the spark between her parents had faded and that they have just fallen out of love because her parents hid that from her. She was happy that her parents were still friends though. Tanner and Keeley had made a plan where Keeley would get Kate during the weekends while Tanner would get Kate during the week. When Tanner moved to Seaford, Keeley became the primary caretaker of Kate. But then Keeley got a better job offer in New York a few years later, causing her to move there and the routine the family had remained the same.