CHAPTER TEN, kung fu cop

Kate was leaning against the railing of the stairs, standing beside Eddie, when she looked to her right upon seeing rushed footsteps and Jack yelling, "I got it! guys, I got it!" 

Jack stops running once he reaches his friends, standing between Eddie and Jerry. "The line at Game Player was a mile long. I didn't get any sleep, but it was so worth it."

Kate raises her eyebrows at him. "You seriously wasted a night of sleep for a game?"

Jack turns to her dramatically, looking at her like he was offended by what she said. He points at her. "Okay, it wasn't a waste. When you really want something you will do anything to get it. And by anything I mean wait in line all night and not get any sleep." He shrugs and smiles. "Like I said, it was worth it." He raises his eyebrows at her and crosses his arms. "And didn't you wait all night to get tickets to a Big Time Rush concert that one time?"

"Okay," Kate sheepishly smiles, her face turning a light shade of pink out of embarrassment when the other three boys glanced at her with amusement. She nods. "Good point." She smiles to herself when she remembered that concert she went to. She and Kim were able to get front row seats, but they had to pay the price of getting their super early and waiting in line many hours to get those tickets. It was totally worth it though because now Kate has a picture with the BTR boys and a sign that was signed by the BTR boys she had got signed at the meet and greet that was after the show.

"So," Kate drags out the word, deciding on changing the subject, and crosses her arms. She smiles slightly at Jack. "What game did you wait all night for?"

Jack smiles widely and shows his friends the game he got. "I am the proud owner of Kung Fu Cop 77."

His friends smile at him and comment their words of excitement. "Nice!" Yeah!" 

"I know what you have to go through when there's a hot new game on the market." Milton smiles. "I had to wait two hours when French Horn Hero came out."

Kate looks at him with surprise and Eddie said what she was wondering. "There was a line for French Horn Hero?"

"No, there was a line of jocks waiting to see who was gonna buy it." Milton explained.

Kate nods. "That makes more sense."

"Hey, guys." Kim greeted the group as she walked by them. 

"Hey, Kim." The five teens responded.

"Yo, Eddie," Jerry stands by Eddie, throwing an arm around his shoulder. "I heard Stacy Weisman in your gym class really likes you."

Eddie smiles. "She likes me?" When Jerry nods in response, Eddie's smile widens. "I'm gonna ask her out."

Kate chuckles lightly and Jack scoffs. "Do you even know who she is?" Jack asked Eddie.

"No." Eddie shakes his head. "But she's a girl, and that's my type." He replied, raising his eyebrows up and down twice.