CHAPTER NINE, wax on, wax off

It was the All Wasabi Invitational which was a karate tournament and whoever won would be the number one dojo in the Bobby Wasabi chain

It was the All Wasabi Invitational which was a karate tournament and whoever won would be the number one dojo in the Bobby Wasabi chain. Most of Rudy's dojo has won a match and Jack was the last one to fight. 

"It's all tied up." Rudy stands in front of the six teens who were sitting on a bench. "If we win the last match, we're the number one dojo in the Bobby Wasabi chain." He glances at Jack with a smile. "Jack, you're up. Are you ready?"

"Well, yeah, but I thought Bobby Wasabi was going to be here." Jack responded.

"People," Rudy scoffs. "Bobby can show up whenever he wants." Just as he said that, someone rang a gong. He smiles and nods. "Or he's here now." The gong was rolled out of the way by two of Bobby's ninjas while Bobby arrived on a two wheel scooter. 

"Bobby, welcome!" Rudy greeted.

"I'm sorry." Bobby apologizes. "I...I was hoping to slip in unnoticed." He stops by his throne that's set up in front of the mats. "So, how much is my Pittsburgh dojo winning by, hmm?" He took his helmet off, handing it to one of his ninjas.

"Woah, woah, woah." Jerry stands up along with his friends and they all walk over to Bobby. He smirks. "For your information, we're kicking butt."

Bobby laughs, not thinking he was serious. "Oh, that's rich. Almost as rich as my labradoodle will be when I die." He continues to laugh, but then stops laughing after seeing the serious expressions on everyone's faces. He clears his throat. "Seriously, you're-you're winning?"

"I know, I couldn't believe it either." Kate admitted. She was surprised they were winning against some very good dojos. She didn't think they would get as far as they did in the match.

"If we win this last match." Rudy responded to Bobby.

"Well," Bobby smiles. "Let's do this!" He clapped and Kate and her friends (besides Jack and Rudy) walk over to sit back down on the bench while Rudy gave Jack a pep talk.

"Jack, you can do this. You wanna know why there's a heat wave outside? It's because you're on fire!" Rudy exclaimed, grinning at Jack.

Bobby must've mistaken what Rudy said, thinking there was an actual fire. He panics, standing up. "Fire! Celebrities first!" Immediately chaos happened. People screamed and everyone were running towards the exits.

"Wait, wait, wait! No, fire." Rudy reassures everyone with a sheepish expression on his face. "Just a pep talk." Everyone calmed down and goes back to their place they were at. 

"Oh, well." Bobby clears his throat, standing in front of his throne and faces everyone. "Before the match begins, I have an announcement. This month, there will be an article on the principles of the Wasabi code in Karatefancy magazine!" He dramatically points at the magazine one of his ninjas now showed to everyone. "The winning dojo will receive a gift from me, and the winning sensei will appear on the cover with me."