CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE, zombie warriors

"Phil's new garlic falafel balls are disgusting

"Phil's new garlic falafel balls are disgusting." Jack commented when the gang were at Falafel Phil's one day. Kate sat next to Jack in the booth across from Jerry and Milton. Kim and Ashton sat in chairs across from each other.

"Surprising considering the cook is a goat." Kim sarcastically spoke.

"You'd think by now this place would be shut down because of that." Kate shrugged.

"Yeah, I know. These are awful." Jerry chimed in, his mouth full of food.

Jack furrows his eyebrows. "Then why do you keep eating them?"

"Mm, 'cause now I can do this..." Jerry's voice trailed off before he burped loudly, causing his friends to all grimace.

"It's gross, but you gotta admit," Milton speaks up. "The man's an artist."

"Yeah, true." Ashton agrees. "That's impressive."

"So, are you guys coming with us to see a movie tomorrow? It's playing at the mall." Jack said, glancing at the girls.

The girls share a confused look. "What movie?" Kim asked.

"Only the best monster movie ever made." Milton grins. He unzips his jacket, then unbuttons his flannel shirt to reveal a 'Attack of the Killer Zompyres' shirt. "'Attack of the Killer Zompyres'!" He explained with a hiss.

"They're half zombie-" Jerry started, interrupted by Jack.

"Half vampire."

"And all lame." Kim remarks, earning a snicker from Kate. "If you guys wanna see a good movie, go see 'The Horse Tamer'. It's a romantic story about a muscular 19-year-old boy, who sells his last shirt to save a crippled horse."

"Wait, I've seen that one." Kate admits with a small smile. "It's sweet."

"Just hearing those words make me feel like less of a man." Jack admits, wincing when Kate elbowed his side. "What?" He defended.

Kate rolled her eyes at her boyfriend, but she leaned into him when he wrapped his arm around her waist.

Jack and Kate's relationship has been going well for the last few weeks. Everything has been going well with them and the fights they do have they could always get through together. She loves him and she knows that he feels the same. Her heart fluttered at feeling his hand on her hip, his thumb rubbing small circles. When they first started dating, she was a bit shy and awkward when they displayed affection in public, but it was just like before. Just more kissing and touching. She's getting used to it and doesn't mind it anymore. She actually really likes it.

Kate's thoughts were interrupted when the boys started talking again.

"Hey, that movie is a great one!" Ashton defended the movie, earning surprised looks from the boys.

"You actually saw it?" Jerry laughed.

"And I might've cried, but it was great." Ashton shrugged, leaning back in his chair.