CHAPTER NINETEEN, capture the flag

Kate was hanging out at Falafel Phil's with her friends

Kate was hanging out at Falafel Phil's with her friends. She sat across the booth from Jerry, both of them had pulled up chairs since the friend group didn't fit at the booth without pulling up chairs. "Does your hummus smell worse than it normally does?" Eddie asked his friends.

"It's not the hummus." Milton replies. He point at Jerry. "It's coming from him."

"That's my new cologne." Jerry gets out a bottle from his jacket. "It's called 'impurity'." Everyone yelped and looked disgusted, pulling away their tray of food when Jerry sprayed the cologne in their direction. Everyone then sat their tray back on the table and Kate rolled her eyes when she heard obnoxious laughter. She looked over at the counter where she heard the laughter, rolling her eyes again upon seeing a familiar red-haired girl and a familiar brunette-haired boy, both of them wearing school uniforms.

"Check it out." Jack points at the two teens. "Swathmore Academy students." He rolls his eyes. "Perfect skin, perfect hair, perfect teeth."

"Perfectly disgusting." Kim angrily muttered and Kate nodded in agreement.

"They must have finally realized Phil makes the best falafels in town." Milton smiled.

"I highly doubt that." Kate sighed.

"Put it in a doggie bag, you." The red-haired girl tells Phil. "It's for our dogs." She glances at the boy by her and chuckles. "Can you imagine? He thought we were going to eat this." She then laughed along with her friend.

"What's next?" The brunette-haired boy asks. "Should we go bathe in the mall fountain?" He and his friend continued to laugh.

Jerry turns to face them. "Oh, uh, not-not from 3:00 to 4:00." He smirks. "That's Jerry time."  Kate looked at him weirdly. 

The red-haired girl walks over to the table and smiles at Jerry. "Hello, Jerry. I wish I could stay, but my poor pug is starving." She smiles flirtatiously at Jerry. "Woof." She chuckled and walked away. 

"'My poor pug is starving. Woof.'' Kim mocks her. She rolls her eyes. "Who talks like that?"

Eddie frowns. ""Unfortunately, no one I know."

"People who are desperate for attention talk like that." Kate responded.

"They think they're so much better than us." Kim angrily said. She crosses her arms. "Just because they go to a private school."

"Well, we are eating their dog food." Jack commented, picking up a falafel ball from his tray and took a bite of it. 

"And they're a week away from showing us up again during Seaford on parade." Milton spoke in a sad tone.

"You know, I thought our float last year was a winner." Jerry smiled.

"Oh, please." Kate scoffs. "It was so lame."

"It was Ernie the janitor sitting in a shopping cart with a tube sock on his head." Jack pointed out.

Jerry shrugs. "Winner."