MEETING THE SPRING BOY

"Bow-wow, bow-wow, bow-wow"I turned around to see the little thing which had managed to break in through my deep thoughts and catch my attention

I turned around to see the little thing which had managed to break in through my deep thoughts and catch my attention. Standing at my feet was a black puppy no more than the size of a football. Its big twinkling eyes were staring at me without blinking. I wondered where it came from.

So cute...

As if understanding I wasn't a threat, it began playing with the fallen leaves and flowers on the floor.

It was spring and the whole of nature was blooming. The buzzing of bees and the chirping of birds were to be heard all over the place.. And the park, right where I was, was the perfect place to sit and enjoy the beauty with a calm mind. I was deep in my thoughts when this little thing came out of nowhere.

I glanced down at the puppy. It was still busy playing with the leaves.
It was so adorable...

"Hey cutie, you alone??"

It looked up at me with a broken expression.

"Err.. Don't tell me you got lost...!!"

I sighed.

I lifted it from the ground and placed it near me on the bench. I wondered if people would even be able to think about abandoning this furball. I again sighed. Sighing had become an unchangeable habit of mine. Living a lonely life had changed me a lot, especially after the disaster.
I shook my head to avoid unnecessary thoughts. Once again I tried to concentrate on the puppy.
Now it was playing with the hem of my shawl.

Busy kiddo...

I laughed. Maybe I should also get an adorable puppy like this one. Well... if nobody comes to get it,I might take it home.

Staring at the little thing I imagined myself cuddling it and sleeping peacefully at night.
Wonderful
I smiled at my foolish thought.

At that moment something blocked the sunlight and a shadow fell over us. I looked up to hear a deep voice.
"Hey boy, you were here!! You made me worry!!!!"
And the same thing lifted up the puppy in a second.
Oh no!
I stood up to protest.
That's my fur ball...

And then I met his eyes. A pair of crystal blue orbs, deep and calm like the ocean. And suddenly I was remembered of someone, someone from a long time ago, someone I found it hard to forget. Fighting the bright sunlight, I tried to take a glance at his facial features.
Jet black hair, A tiny mole under the nose, thin lips...
I gasped.
Could..could it be.....?

The man shifted his position to the left and I found myself staring at a familiar, yet so distant face...

Could it be...
The.....the spring boy.!!?
No...I am imagining things, right??

He died ages ago!!!

His eyes were boring into mine as if searching for something that was long lost.
As moments passed, we stood there transfixed, under the bright sky.
And suddenly I was back in my sophomore year.