THE HOSPITAL

"What's happening mom?" I shouted as I ran towards the kitchen

"What's happening mom?" I shouted as I ran towards the kitchen. The house was shaking and everything was falling apart. Cracks were forming on the walls.

"Elaina"- My dad shouted from the living room. His coal black eyes were filled with fear.

"Where's mom, dad?" I asked him.
"I am here,honey! " I saw my mom coming out of the kitchen. She still had the apron on her.

"What's happening? " I was on the verge of tears. The ground was shaking.

"Honey, I think it's an earthquake." My dad said looking outside. I could feel fear in his words. My knees were shaking. Everything on the shelfs was already on the ground. The paintings on the walls were either on the ground or were shaking like anything.

"It's quite intense"- My mom screamed.
To our right, the ceiling cracked open, revealing the sky. A giant tree had fallen on the roof. The crack on the ceiling began spreading in all directions. Soon the ceiling was going to come down. We were terrified. Running outside wasn't the perfect option now.
"We should take cover! " I said.
"Where?" My mom asked.
"Under the bed! Let's go to the bedroom."
We ran towards the bedroom and got under the bed. I hoped it was strong enough to hold the ceiling.

"Oh god,!! " My mom covered her mouth.
"What's wrong?" We asked her.
"I think I forgot to turn off the gas! "
"Oh god, I will go turn it off" - my dad said getting out of the bed. "Stay here !".
" Honey, no!!! It's dangerous.I am coming with you."
My mom shouted after him.
"Elaine,I am going with dad, stay here itself! Understand? Stay alive! " She kissed me before running after dad..
'Never knew that would be the last kiss.'
"No mom," I screamed. "Don't leave me!!"

Before I could do anything she was out of the room. Tears began to blur my vision. I didn't know what I should do.
The next thing I heard was the kitchen roof collapsing and my parents' screams echoing throughout the room.
I was startled.I couldn't even cry.
I felt a sharp pain on my head and suddenly everything around me went blank.
Everything was over.
___________
I gasped sitting up on my bed.
Again!!
Ever since the incident I had been having these dreams often. Even if I tried to bury them deep down, they kept resurfacing like the oil on the water surface.
I am so unlucky.
I sighed. I glanced at the clock on the wall. It was already 7. I had to go to school. I got out of bed and went to freshen up.

*******************
I hummed as I walked to school. The school where I worked was near to my apartment so I had only a 15 min walk there.The morning was so refreshing. It was another nice sunny day. Everything seemed so lively.The sunlight was coming in through the trees, making the scenery dazzling.

So beautiful.

I didn't want the spring to end and I had never wanted it to end.Suddenly yesterday's memories came to my mind. I smiled thinking about him. Oh yes, Edward Knight was his name!.. That name seemed to fit him well.