Mr. ANNOYANCE

"I DID HIT THE BULL'S EYE" ,For the umpteenth time I whisper-yelled at Edward who was busy aiming the gun with a playful smirk plastered on his face

For the umpteenth time I whisper-yelled at Edward who was busy aiming the gun with a playful smirk plastered on his face.
" Really?" He asked, not taking his eyes off the board.
" Oh my God Edward! Are you kidding me?" I stamped my foot on the floor causing some people to glance our way.
" You might erupt!" He scoffed before hitting the target. I rolled my eyes and grabbed the gun back from him.
This guy is seriously getting on my nerves.
We were in the game arcade and I was beginning to regret going there. He clearly saw the bullet hitting the point when I shot it but kept on denying just to annoy me.
"Your eyes might pop out" I could sense the sarcasm in his voice. I bit my lips and rolled my eyes again.
Seriously!!!!
"Okay okay, you did hit the point" He said, trying to contain his laughter.
"I will never come here with you again" I stated before searching around for other available games.
"Let's see!" He smirked, walking towards the claw machines."Maybe you will come again if I get you something from here?"
"God knows," I chuckled."as if you will ever be able to get one out of it"
"I am pretty good at this you know" He said, winking at me.
I felt my heart skipping a beat and colour rushing to my cheeks.
" Let's see"
"Will get you one from them," Edward said, pointing at a box of yellow ducklings."you look like them"
"What!! I am way prettier than them!" I exclaimed.
"I don't think so," He said, scanning my face.
Leaving a confused me standing there rooted to the ground, he took the control buttons and began to move the claws. All of a sudden I did something that I never thought I would ever do.
"I hate you" I stood on my tiptoes and whispered into his ears. I could see a crimson blush spreading on his cheeks as he tried to bite back his laughter.
"I don't care,my lady" He chucked without glancing back at me.
" Seriously! You are boring" I grumbled.
Edward laughed, causing him to lose the duck he was about to get out of the box.
"Oh shit" He hissed.
"I guess you aren't good at this?" I chuckled.
" I am,at least I used to be. Let me give one more try"
"It's ok," I told him.
But Edward seemed determined to get a duck out of there at all costs. He tried again and this time I chose to stay silent. He looked pretty serious as he carefully handled the buttons. Unknowingly I glanced down at his Adam's apple which was moving from time to time. I didn't know why but it fancied me.His blue eyes looked a lot lighter in the fancy lights. His dark locks which was neatly combed when we met had now fallen over his forehead. I tried to not glance at his lips.
"Enjoying the scenery?" I heard him ask.
Oh!
"Maybe?" I said, hoping I wasn't blushing.
" Never knew I was that much of a sight" He chuckled, forcing me to glance again at him.
"Wow," I exclaimed seeing the two ducks he was holding."You really managed to get them!"
"I told you," He said, smiling at me and handing me one. I thanked and grabbed it.
"So, you will come with me again?" He asked, causing me to look up at him.
" Maybe" I laughed gently.
" That's cute, " He said, looking straight at me.
I blushed,meeting his deep blue eyes.I felt like they were about to pierce into mine and fuse into one.
" They are pretty.Your eyes." I said, without even realising what I was saying. He smiled without looking away. Suddenly I felt like I was standing in a vast field of orchids and sunflowers on a bright spring morning with the warm breeze blowing through my hair.I never thought he had this big of an effect on me. The same feeling I got years back when I met him for the first time came back to me at that moment. The same nostalgic feeling which made my heart lighter and warm. Something inside me told me to not look away and wish for the time to stop.
" Elaine?" I heard him say my name.
"Hm?" I asked, without even thinking why he called me.
"Elaine?" He called again but being in the state I was I couldn't reply. Suddenly he grabbed my free hand and pulled me towards him. I came to my senses and realised that I was blocking the way of two little kids.
"You were zoning out and didn't hear them" Edward informed me without letting go of my hand. I was pretty sure that I was blood red in the face because of embarrassment.
"Oh Sorry! " I apologized without even knowing whom I should apologise to.
I am so stupid.
I withdrew my hands from his hold and hit my head.
"Inborn mental errors can't be fixed by hitting one's head."  Edward stated, causing me to cover my face and turn against the wall.
I heard him laugh as I cursed myself.
"Please stop laughing!"
"I can't, you are damn funny"
I freaking knew that I looked like a joker to him.
I rolled my eyes and walked towards the exit without turning back to look at him.
"Wait for me" I heard him say in between the fits of laughter
" You are annoying " I said, hitting his arm as we got out of the game planet.
" You might break your arm " He leaned down and whispered in my ear.
"How can you flirt with me like this?" I exclaimed, stepping back.
"I just do things I am good at" He chuckled, forcing me to turn beetle red and look away.
My heart might explode at this rate.
"What's next?"I inquired, checking the time.
It was already evening and I wondered how time flew this fast.We met for lunch and spent some time in the aquarium and then at the game arcade.
"I don't know," He replied, glancing around.
"Let's go for a walk then" I suggested.
"The park?"
" Not bad. It's close by, right?"
"Yeah,it is.
"Let's go then"
We began walking along the sidewalk towards the park's direction.Being a summer weekend,the entire town was packed with people coming and going out of the town and even tourists were roaming everywhere.The school had closed and kids with their parents and teenagers were roaming all over the place.It was very hot outside and I was glad that I had my sunglasses and sun hat with me.
I turned back to see if Edward was there and caught him staring at me. He averted his gaze before turning scarlet and I somehow managed to force down a shy smile.
Wow!
I hoped he didn't see my reaction since the hat was covering half of my face. I must be crazy. I felt my face with my hands blushed like an idiot.