OBSESSIONS

A few weeks later

Cuddling with people was something that I was no fan of and I don't really remember cuddling with anybody other than my parents or brother.
But now waking up to see a girl sleeping next to me in my arms was a rare sort of view. My past relationships were more like mutual agreements rather than true liking or loving.
Dating just to keep my head high among those strangers who would glare at you as if you aren't human if you don't date,was exactly what they were.I wouldn't say they were that bad except for the breakup part where you of course had to be sad.
But she somehow felt different. More like someone I was craving for. A wanting.To be with her. To see her laugh. To comfort her.
Those romantic movies I watched rarely made sense to me then but now being next to her, I realised what those characters were trying to express.
Sleeping beauty in my arms.
My father had always told me that beauty lies in one's eyes.
'Someone who is beautiful to you may not be beautiful to others.' That's what he said.
Elaina....
But I don't think she would ever look ugly to anyone.
I don't care anyway.
Our bodies were pressed together under my sheets,warmth all over the bed.
Each time I kissed her, I was afraid that I would go out of control and upset her.
Grapes,she tastes like them.
Night walk with her was a new hobby I had developed lately and I was not shy to admit to her that I enjoyed it more than anything else lately.

I checked the wall clock and realised that it was already 7 in the morning and we had work to do.
Why does time fly!!
Gently moving her brown locks, I planted a kiss on her forehead.
"Looks like someone is really tempted",Elaina stirred and I chuckled.
" You awake?" I asked playing with her hair.
"Yep" She yawned and opened her eyes.
"Sleepy?"
"Yeah,since we stayed up till 2,talking."
"Oh sorry"
"Don't be. I enjoyed it" She smiled,looking into my eyes and moving closer to me.
Glittering brown spots everywhere. I wondered if the sun was brown.
"Why are you so pretty?" I sighed.
"That doubt is mutual " She giggled, placing a kiss on my temple.
Just then I heard a bang and the front door opening. Elaina bolted up next to me.
" What was that?" She asked,her palm pressing my fingers.
" Wait,it could be-" Just then we heard a pair of footsteps making their way through the living room towards our bedroom.
" Edward?"
"Elain-"
We both jumped out of the bed when the bedroom door bolted open and I grabbed my nightside lamp.
But I dropped it down when I saw her face in the doorway.
" MOM!!!!!!!!" I cried out aloud, surprised.
My beautiful, yet naughty mother was staring at us with a smile plastered on her face. I ran a frustrated hand through my hair before turning to Elaina.I had already told mom about her but didn't expect her to show up unannounced like this.
"This is my mother, don't worry"
"Hm,Good morning Mrs Kni-ght" Elaina let out a nervous smile.
"Wow, my son has finally grown up," She laughed.
I felt my cheeks heating up at her comment.
"Mom!!"
"Mind if I see you both in the living room?" She demanded, chuckling.
"Sure " Elaina agreed without hesitation, as my mother left the room.
" Is she angry?" I heard Elaina ask, tossing the sheet on to the bed.
Wow.
I leaned in close to kiss her ears.
"Seeing her smile this widely,do you seriously think she is angry?"
"Maybe?, I don't know?" She looked confused, blushing.
"She is not,I think she is happy for us"
"Us?" She chuckled nervously.
"Yeah,Should I make you remember?"
I smirked, leaning down to face her and staring at her.
Shit,I forgot about her eyes.
"No-o, I do remember" She blushed, pushing me back.
"Oh God,looks like someone is shy," I teased.
"Your mother is waiting,come on" She grabbed my hand and dragged me out of the bed.

***********************
"So you guys just got together lately,like a few weeks back?" My mom inquired, setting the table for breakfast. She had made pasta and had come to give me some when she spotted Elaina's shoes on the carpet.
" I guess so?" Elaina answered, eyeing me.
" Mom,see you are making her nervous" I stated, swallowing a spoonful of the creamy pasta.
" Oh sorry, I didn't mean to. I wasn't being rude"
My mom apologized, urging Elaina to eat the breakfast.
" It's good, Mrs Knight," She blushed.
" Just call me Camille,dear. Is the food good?"
" Yea-h, it's tasty, it's my second favourite flavour "
" Thank you, my child. You are a lot better than my son. He doesn't even thank me for the food" My mom pouted, glaring at me.
I heard Elaina giggle while I threw a dirty look at mom.
It was always like this,my mom and I would tease each other and quarrel from time to time.
It was pretty funny and I was closer with her than my father.
"Aren't you going to work today? It's half past seven,kids."
"Shouldn't we?" I threw a question at Elaina.
"Or maybe if you wanna spend time in the bed-"
"MOM!,Stop it!" I whisper-yelled at her, making her laugh. I saw Elaina turning beetle red while trying to contain her laughter.
"I have to go to school" Elaina exclaimed, standing up and looking at me.
" You will need to freshen up, dear " I heard mom advising Elaina while I cleaned up the plate.
" Don't worry, I will drop you at your place," I said, going to get my car keys.
"Okay"
Soon I drove her back and had my proper morning kiss before coming back. I wanted to stay longer but we just began dating and I didn't want to force her to quit school or whatever she was doing. But that didn't stop us from hanging out later that night and having hot coffee and walking back in each other's arms.
"So that's how my work was today," I explained, remembering every bit of my day.
" It's not that hard,right?"
" Yep,most of the time. But when the case is complicated we have to spend a lot of time on it. That's rare though." I sighed, running my hands through her hair as we walked.
" It seems like you are obsessed with my hair, Edward," Elaina chuckled, grabbing my hand and tangling my fingers with hers.
" Nop, I am not," I said, squeezing her hands in mine.
" Liar" She looked up and hit my arm.
" I didn't lie," I chuckled, leaning in."I am just obsessed with 'you' "
I kissed her before she could get time to react.
I bet she was smiling the whole time she pulled my hair and her mouth grazed against me passionately. It was clear that we both didn't want to pull off any time soon as she didn't protest when I picked her up and wrapped her legs around my waist.
" This is crazy," I huffed, pulling away to catch some air.
" I must be heavy," I heard her say in between her breaths.
Hell no
" Not gonna let you down anytime soon,baby" I kissed her jaw and she threw back her head and laughed.
"Maybe we should have a movie night tonight?"
"Should we?I would prefer you over it " I whispered against her ears. There was a sudden heat rush on her cheeks and I found it rather difficult to hold back my laughter.
" I can't believe you are doing this,put me down" She exclaimed,her fists against my chest.
" Ok,ok, which movie then?" I put her down.
" Which one do you like?"
" Anything you like, my lady"
" That's cheesy, Edward". Her giggles were the cutest and funniest thing in the world.
" Thank you. Anything horror ?"
" No need, you gonna use the opportunity to take advantage of me"
" Wow,you do have a brain "
" Oh my God, seriously?"
" You are funny, you know?" I chuckled, placing a small kiss on her nose."How about Titanic then?"
"Yeah,it seems pretty good ignoring the fact that I have already watched it more than a dozen times"
"I have too,but only a couple of times." I informed her." So that's a yes?"
"Yep,so let's get home fast. The night is gonna be over fast." Elaina exclaimed, urging me to walk fast with her.I followed her lead and soon it turned into a night run which left us breathless at her doorsteps.
" I can't believe we are grown ups" I laughed, covering my mouth hoping not to wake up her fellow neighbours.
"Of course we are,according to our birth certificate" Through our muffled laughter I heard the key fitting in the right place and her apartment door opening.
"Edward,come in,you gonna be cold if we stay any longer outside"
"Yes,my queen" I smirked,earning a soft hit on my hand.
I just can't live without teasing you.
Her small when-compared-to-mine yet big apartment was pretty cozy and warm just like its owner. The leaves of the small pot plants swayed in the wind of the cool night which seemed to have left the house when she turned the lights on and opened the windows wide.
"What are you doing?" I asked, hanging my coat on a hanger and walking to the kitchen. The kettle was already on the stove and she was standing with her back against me.
" Just making some tea, Edward"
" It wasn't really necessary. We could have just watched it simply"
" That's boring,this tea is going to soothe your nerves"
I didn't respond but hugged her from behind and watched her.Her Jasmine scented locks
were tied up in a ponytail and its end which she trimmed lately reached way down her shoulders. I couldn't say what I liked more about her because she herself was a big surprise to me. Her smile,her eyes or even the way she speaks or behaves?
I don't know.
I was absolutely into her.
I buried my face onto her neck and kissed her ears.
"Edward..." I heard her say my name.
Ignoring her warning,I trailed my lips down her neck and I felt her relax against me.Her fingers found mine and held them softly. She was so soft and gentle that I was afraid that my touch would break her. She turned towards me and I lifted her up on to the kitchen counter.
Her eyes were now brown and were boring down into me.It didn't take me much time or thinking to kiss her.It felt natural. Her small lips moving against mine and her hands grabbing my neck and hair were more than enough to turn me on.I untied her hair and let it fall to her side. I felt her smile through the kiss and move closer to me.
"I guess somebody is hungry" She broke the kiss and said with a smirk on her face.
"Yeah,Let me eat" I leaned in again but she pushed me back after planting a soft kiss on my cheek.
"That's cheating" I pouted, watching her switch off the flame. She laughed and poured the tea into two glasses.
"Nothing is fair, Edward. Now, it is movie time."
" Noooooooo!!!" I protested.
"No excuse"
Later then!
Soon we began watching the movie.
But it included nothing but occasional kisses and cuddles and by the end of the movie my excited girlfriend was sleeping peacefully in my arms.
I ran my fingers through her open hair and watched her sleep.
Ever since we got together, my boring life took another turn. No matter where I was or what I was doing she would come to my mind and I would feel like being with her.
I should ask her to move in with me.
I carried her to her bedroom and settled her down on the bed. After making sure that the house was locked,I slid next to her under the covers.
Soon,I felt my lids weigh with tiredness and my head going blank.
Let us sleep for the night...❤️