YOU ARE MY SPRING

"Edward, you sure this is where we should keep the flowers?" I inquired, holding the flower vase and looking out of the window into the yard

"Edward, you sure this is where we should keep the flowers?" I inquired, holding the flower vase and looking out of the window into the yard. Edward was standing next to our bench with his back turned towards us. I wondered what he was doing outside while we were supposed to prepare for dinner tonight with his parents.
We announced our whole marriage thing to them last week and they were more than happy to hear about it and we decided to hold it next may so that we would get enough time to get ready.
"Yeah, keep it there. Next to the window. Mom will love it ." He shouted back.
"Ok. But what are you doing out there?"
"Nothing particular, El"
I sighed and turned back to my work. Camilla, Edward's mother was also a great flower lover like me and it gave me an upper hand in getting her favour. His father, on the other hand, was intimidating at our first meeting but later turned out to be a soft guy just like Edward. Now I just had to worry about the dinner.
But my curiosity didn't allow me to stay inside the house for long and instead I went out to just find out what Edward was doing. My footsteps on the dry ground made him look back and startle. Something was in his hands but he hid it behind him suddenly.
"What is it, little liar?" I giggled, seeing his cute actions.
"Elaina!!!! Don't do this. Don't come closer." He scowled.
But I could see embarrassment twinkling in his eyes.
"Okay, turn around for a minute. Then I will show you "
I bet he was tired of me.
"As you wish, my Knight "
I turned around and closed my eyes. I could only hear the faint movement of his foot on the floor along with the rustling of the leaves and trees. Since it was daytime, only a few honks or sounds of vehicles could be heard.
"Now turn around, but keep your eyes closed" I heard him say and did as he said. His familiar warm smell intoxicated my senses.
"Now open your eyes"
I slowly opened my eyes and found him standing right in front of me. The wind had ruffled his hair which was now falling across his face. I Don't know if it was the sunlight or not, but the whole courtyard was blazing gold.
I saw myself in his eyes.
But then I looked down at his hands. A beautiful crown made of leaves and flowers sat in them. Fresh lilacs were arranged beautifully with fresh leaves and made into a crown.Without even realising, my palms were already clasped over my mouth in disbelief.
How did he even find lilacs at this time of the year?
"Edward….Is that for me?"
"Nah, for our dog" He teased me."Now you understand what I was doing out here?."
He untied my hair which was tied up in a pony and spread it on my shoulders. Without even hesitating Edward placed the floral crown on my head and kissed my forehead.
"Oh god, I feel like a princess" I giggled in joy.
"Soon-to-be-queen it is," He said.
"Edward, it is so beautiful, I can't believe that you made something like this for me"
"Anything for you, my love. Now, shall we have a dance?" He breathed, taking my hand.
"Right here?"
"Why not"
I smiled and placed a hand on his shoulder while he found my waist. The little dress I was in and the T-shirt he had on felt like the best outfits I could ever hope for.
With our interlocked hands and love-filled eyes, we danced in our courtyard and I could say that my school dance classes came in handy. His eyes were saying something that I was very familiar with yet wanted to hear till the day I die.
With each step we took, everything around us disappeared and it was only us that I could hear or see. His breath, his eyes, and his hands holding me gently were all I could ever wish for.
But soon I broke off our dance and kissed him.
I felt him smiling when our lips met but I couldn't bother to give him a chance to tease me when I was aiming for his lips on my tiptoes. Everything about him was heavenly and extremely charming and I couldn't pull myself away even when we both were running out of breath.
"Maybe, we should continue this inside" He breathed against my mouth.
Yeah, of course.
But before that, I had a confession to make.
I took a deep breath and looked into his blue orbs.
"Edward, You know, I feel like everything is so beautiful and lovely with you around, even the fall. All these years I kept on complaining every time the fall came. But now with you, I feel like this is the most beautiful season. Even the dry leaves have a beauty hidden in them."
Upon hearing my words, he leaned back and suspiciously stared at me.
"Even the fall? You don't dislike it anymore?"
"Yeah, I don't, " I smiled." Because you are my spring."
It didn't take much time for his lips to crash down on mine and engulf me again.
"I love you, Elaina." He said in between the kisses.
"I love you too."
Soon words disappeared and we drowned in each other's worlds. Just like I believed every spring had a story of its own, I realised that even the falling leaves could weave a story of their own. And together we were weaving a story of our own.

"For you, I could love or hate the world"

***************************************What!! It's finally over guys!!!🤧How was it till now?Happy that y'all made it this far

What!! It's finally over guys!!!🤧
How was it till now?
Happy that y'all made it this far.
Love you all.
Eli❤️