THE PROPOSAL

Six months later

I blinked again to take a good look at the tester which I was holding. Two blue lines stared back at me and I couldn't breathe for a few seconds. This explained why my periods were late.

I am pregnant!

I slammed my palm on my face. It didn't feel real. I wasn't sure if I should be happy or sad.
I was brimming with joy on one side and damn anxiety was building up on the other side.
Edward had left for work half an hour ago but here I was standing, staring at myself in the bathroom mirror holding a positive pregnancy tester in my hand.

"Oh my God, I AM PREGNANT" I screamed enough for every organism living inside the house to hear. I wanted to call Edward and get his reaction to the baby. Unknowingly tears were clouding my vision and  I was half crying and laughing. Memories of my parents clouded my thoughts and I wondered how they had felt when they found out about me.
Alex was already jumping around me and barking without knowing what I was crying for.
"I am pregnant, Alex!!! We have a baby!! A tiny baby. Tinier than you." I giggled like a mad woman.

I picked up my phone and called Edward. The line was busy on his side and I hung up thinking he was at work.
Wait a minute.

Maybe I should surprise him?

It would be better to tell him about this after he comes back from work.
I decided to take an off day from school and bake a cake. Making myself feel good rather than being grumpy and anxious would be better.

I was afraid that he might not be happy about the whole pregnancy thing. But even the mere thought of having something alive inside me made me feel so special.

I opened the front door and stepped out of the house. The yard was filled with fallen leaves which hadn't been cleaned since last week.
It was fall, a season I was no fan of. But now looking at the trees and the neighbourhood, fall looked more beautiful than ever.
After meeting Edward, I didn't realise how fast time had passed. The spring during which we met, the summer during which we dated and now the fall. Everything passed away in a blink of an eye. I wished Edward was there so that I could hug him and stay forever with him.
Alex was now rolling in the pile of leaves and I once again reminded how big of a funny guy he was.

I picked Alex up and sat on the white bench that Edward had fixed for us last summer to sit and enjoy the evenings. I moved in with him almost five months ago when coming back and forth from each other's places became physically and emotionally exhausting and the wanting for each other was pulling us even closer. The morning was slightly chilly so I pulled my hoodie over my head.

My phone rang with the familiar ringtone and my mouth curved up into a smile.
"Hey"
"What's wrong? Why did you call?"
"Simply, because I missed you?" I chuckled.
"Come on, it hasn't even been an hour. You miss me already?" I could imagine him smirking on the other side.
" Stop it, Edward, '' I simply called. I was bored"
" Why? Didn't you go to school?"
" No, I decided to take a day off. It's okay since I haven't used up my yearly leaves yet."
"Why? Is anything wrong?"
"I'm okay. Nothing to worry about."
" Then how about we go somewhere in the evening?"
"Like where? To walk? No need, just come home early"
" Not for a walk anyway. somewhere else, you would love it for sure."
" You gotta be kidding me, where is it?"
" It's a secret. Just wait, baby" He whispered on the other side.
" Ok, ok. I got something for you as well, so see you in the evening, bye" I kissed him and cut the call before he could ask me back what it was.

This is gonna be interesting.
†††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††††