2

Maxwell's POV

It was another day of school for us but today I felt anticipation. Alice said there are new people coming today but she couldn't see their future properly. One was the chief swan's daughter and other was the new family that moved to the house about 1 mile from us.

The new family intrigued me and even my family. After living for 138 years nothing intrigues me anymore. I heard Carlisle getting ready for the hospital and Alice and Rose choosing their outfits for the day.

I rolled my eyes at that. Sometimes they can be irritating but I love them. They are family after all. I am the second eldest in the family according to vampire age because I was turned in 1862 by Carlisle.

At first I feared to live like this but eventually I got used to it. I took my bag and went down the stairs where Edward was already waiting. In this coven only him and me are mate less. I used to be fine without my mate at first because I had loved a woman when I was human.

She was beautiful with cascading red hair and shimmering green eyes. Unfortunately she died from a disease just after I was turned. I was from New Orleans originally and was shot in the war when I was traveling. Luckily or unluckily Carlisle was passing through the way and changed me.

I sighed and removed the thoughts of my past and slid into my Volkswagen Jetta and drove to the school. We reached early as usual and stood at our cars until the students came. Alice was bouncing and when a red Chevy truck came she said "That's Chief Swan's daughter. Oh I'm waiting for the other family. I'm so excited."

I rolled my eyes and asked "What's so exciting about them? Just few new people." She shushed me and sighed "Oh you don't know Max. I can feel it. The girl in the new students will be best friends with me and Rosalie."

We all looked in surprise at her. Rosalie was even more surprised. She scoffed and asked "Why would I be best friends with a human who can endager us? " Alice just clicked her tongue and didn't say anything else.

I wondered what kind of a person the new girl was who can befriend Rosalie. Interesting. Then we saw a Saturn L car coming in. Four people were there. The boy driving was a black haired green eyed man and beside him was a red haired woman.

In the backseat sat a red haired man possibly the woman's brother and beside him sat a bushy haired girl. Beside the car came a girl on Ducati and I felt that this girl was the interesting one. She removed her helmet but I couldn't see her face. Only thing I saw was her red hair cascading down her back like a waterfall.