25

I listened to his past and I felt a pang in my heart. I gulped and I asked "How did she look?" He looked at me nervously and said "She looked like you. Same red hair and green eyes , same facial structure and same smile. At first I thought it was her that was back but then I got to know you and you wer completely different. But I promise Ivy , it was you I fell for not because you looked like her but because you are you."

I smiled slightly and said "I know Max. I don't doubt you." After that we went back to school and I was distracted the whole day. The last moments he told me were exactly like in my visions or dreams. After school I went back and called everyone while Teddy was playing in his room.

I told them all about my visions and Maxwell's story. Hermione said "This sounds like you were Irene in your last life. I never believed in them but then I never believed in magic either 20 years ago." Andy called Kreacher and asked him to bring something from the Black vault.

We all stayed silent and Kreacher popped back with a mirror. It was a big one and it had Black borders around it with runes carved around it. I recognised a few but many were beyond my knowledge. Andy said "While cleaning the vault i found this mirror. I checked information on it and found that it is called hsiwuoy tahwwohsi. If you read it backwards it says 'I show what you wish'.

I stared at the mirror in a trance and Andy continued "Ivy stand in front of it and wish for it to show your past life if you had one." I released a breath and stood in front of it while others waited with bated breaths. I closed my eyes and wished. Suddenly a bright light shone out of it and I was lost in what it showed.

A red haired, green eyed beautiful girl who looked like she was about 10 years old played with her doll in her room. A woman who had red hair just like her daughter walked in and said "Irene it's supper time come on." The girl Irene smiled and got up and followed her mother.

She was in a park chasing the butterflies when she came upon a boy who looked very thin and on the verge of death. She took him home and said "Mother let's keep him please. He can be a brother to me." Her mother sighed and looked at the man beside her who had hazel hair and green eyes. He held his head in exasperation and agreed while his daughter jumped with joy.

It was a few years later that she was running in the halls while laughing and calling back "Come and catch me if you can Richie." A boy with black hair till his shoulders and green eyes just like hers ran behind her and shouted "Give it back Rene , that belongs to me." She giggled and ran off as he chased after her.

Again a few years passed and she was in a library "Hmm what would be a nice birthday gift for Richie?" She climbed on the ladder and browsed the books on top when suddenly the ladder shook and she felt herself falling. She shut her eyes tightly and opened them to find herself in top of a handsome man.

She walked with him on the streets as he described how he paints. She stared at him starry eyed and blushed when he looked at her with a smirk. Days flowed with them spending time together more and more.

She ran back home to see her house on fire and her parents bodies lying prone. Richard was still alive but barely. He held her hand and said "It was the rioters. I love you Irene and I wish that I be born as your real brother if there is a next life. Go far away Nene and live safely." Irene cried hearing her childhood nickname and said "The day I found you in the park you became my brother Richie. Rest in peace ."

She went to New Orleans with the man she loved but fell sick. She knew that her time was over and she would die soon as she laid on the bed with tubes attached to her. The man she loved promised to come back but she knew she wouldn't be there to recieve him. She didn't know that he too couldn't fulfill his promise.