6

Ivy's POV

Today at school we noticed that there was one less vampire. Edward Cullen. Andy told us yesterday that gold eyed vampires were relatively safe as they feed animals. Still we decided to be wary and keep an eye on them.

Ron had Jasper in one of his classes while Hermione had Alice and Rosalie in most of her classes. Harry had Edward and Emmett while I had Max and Emmett in a few classes. I felt a thrill of happiness when I realised that only I had Max in my class and this feeling confused me.

As usual I went to my class which was Trig and I saw Max sitting in his chair. The thrill came back and I was confused. I walked to the table and set my books on the table. As I kept my bag I greeted "Hi" He looked surprised but happily greeted me back.

Through the class we made small talk. He asked me "Where did you move from?" I bit my lip thinking of Hogwarts, Diagon alley and all the people staring at me before I snapped out of it and answered "London. " He nodded and said "Ah yes the Brit accent."

We both chuckled and he asked "Do you live in the new house in the forest?" I looked surprised because the house was in an isolated location and nodded. He said "Ah the another house in the forest is the Cullen mansion." I got a look of understanding and teasingly said "Neighbours huh?" He smiled.

That smile sent shivers through my spine. The sensation was new to me. Surprisingly It felt good. The class passed by in a blur and I was picking my things when Sirius's leather jacket which I kept on the chair fell. But Max caught it before it could fall and gave it to me.

As I took it his cold fingers touched mine. He jerked his hand a little but I was focused on something else. As soon as his fingers touched mine foreign images flashed in my mind. I recognised myself but the man in front of me in the image was not clear.

We were in Victorian dresses and he was saying something but I snapped out of it when Max called me. I blinked and sheepishly said "Sorry. Just zoned out. What were you saying?" He said "I was asking whether Harry is your brother?"

I blew out air and answered "Oh yes. My older twin brother. Fraternal twins. He looks like dad with mum's eyes while I look like my mum with my dad's facial structure." I blinked and thought 'Why did I say so much?' He looked interested and I said "Sorry I was blabbering."

He shook his head and said "It's alright. I like knowing about you.". I gave an "Oh" in surprise. Again the thrill came back. I bit my lip and asked "Well then I would like to know about you too. Tell me about your family." We walked to our next class talking and I didn't notice how I got comfortable around him.