15

Maxwell's POV

I sat on the couch as the whole family gathered in the living room. Edward said he wanted to tell us something. I had a bad feeling about this but I didn't voice it out. After everyone came Edward cleared his throat and said "Us staying here is harmful to Bella. First James then Jasper although it is not his fault. I'm dangerous to her."

My unbeating heart stopped for a moment at what he was implying. He continued "I think we should move away." I couldn't control myself anymore and said "Why should we move away? My mate is here and I have no intention of leaving her here alone."

He said with pain in his face "Max you don't understand. As long as we are here not only Bella even Ivy is in danger." I scoffed and said "Edward Ivy can very well protect herself. She is a witch for god's sake. And I don't see the point in us moving when anyway Bella is in danger."

He asked "What do you mean anyway?" I rolled my eyes and folded my hands and said "If you have forgotten we killed James and Victoria is after Bella. So if we move away she will be in danger." He shook his head like a stubborn child and said "No Max if we move away she will not attack Bella. We are moving and this is final."

I glared at him and said "I'm not coming anywhere. And don't be so daft. Victoria will kill Bella even if we are not here because she is your mate. Besides everyone gets to decide whether to move or not."

Alice sighed and said "Edward I think Max is right but I can see your point too. But I don't know whether to move or not." Rose sneered "I don't want to move for some human who is dangerous to us."

Emmett just shrugged and Jasper stayed silent supporting Alice. Carlisle and Esme looked at each other and asked Edward "Do you realise that whatever Max said makes sense?" Edward shook his head and answered "He is not understanding. If we stay there is more danger to both of our mates. It is safe for us to move."

I almost glared a hole into his head. Why doesn't he understand? He is such a self convinced person. Before I could say anything Carlisle said "Alright we will move to Alaska for one year. And then one of us will come back to check the condition here." I gaped and said "But Carlisle what about Ivy? I'm not leaving her after finding her finally. "

Esme pursed her lips slightly and said "I understand Max but you know Edward. Let's follow him this time. After one year you can come back. I promise." I tried shouting but I can't shout at that kind face. Instead I glared at Edward.

I can't bear to leave Ivy but I can't leave my family either. I should tell Ivy but I don't know how she will react. Either she will hex me or she will let her mother and brother do it for her. I know for sure that I will be hexed for sure. I sighed and went to my room.