Chapter 9

Jisoo was sitting nervously in Jennie's car as they both drove off to attend the family dinner. When they arrived at the destined venue, Jennie got off first before she opened the door for Jisoo.

Jennie noticed that the raven's hands were quite trembling so she intertwined her hands with Jisoo and gave her a warm smile as they both went in. No one can blame Jisoo for how nervous she is when meeting her whole family because the last time she did, it didn't end well.

"Finally, you're both here!" Jennie's mom greeted.

"Hi Mom."

"Hello, darling. Glad you two made it in time before they serve the food."

"H-hi Mrs. Kim," Jisoo greeted.

"Hi Jisoo, as always you're looking really pretty."

"Thank you, you too," Jisoo responded causing Mrs. Kim to chuckle.

"Let's go, they're all waiting."

Jisoo smiled at her as she and Jennie walked to the seat. As said, the raven's whole family was there including Jisoo's Aunts and Uncles. She didn't even know why they were here, not that she hated it, she was just really uncomfortable around them especially when they stare at her with this judgement looks on their faces. Because sometimes they would make fun of Jisoo.

Jisoo bowed down multiple times as respect to her relatives. She greeted her parents nervously and Jennie seemed to notice how the girl was acting. She seemed all shake-y just like how she did when they met at the party. Jennie thought that the raven was only quiet and nervous around people she doesn't know, but it turns out she's more nervous and uncomfortable around her own family.

They sat down beside each other as the food was served. Their table was long and has many seats which is all occupied given how Jisoo's whole family was there. They started eating and talking about how their company got better ever since Jennie and Jisoo got married.

Jisoo just sat there while eating peacefully, she sometimes felt her cousin glaring at her from the other side, she knew how her cousin hated her for being born.

So far, the dinner was going well. Everyone was done eating their meal whilst Jennie excused herself to go to the bathroom.

Moments later, Jennie was about to exit the cubicle she was in until she heard someone go in.

"Mom!! can we please go home??" A girl pleaded.

"You know we need to stay close to Jisoo, right? She's married to Mrs. Kim's daughter, a big time business woman. Staying close to the Kims might help my business."

Just by hearing Jisoo's name already caught Jennie's attention.

"Ugh, can you not mention that girl's name. She's getting into my nerves. I hate her so much."

"So do I. She's acting all innocent but we all know she only wants to dig money from the Kims. But we still need to get on their good side."

"I know, she's so dramatic and did you even see her earlier? Pathetic."

Jennie was holding onto her fists, trying to calm herself down after hearing someone bad mouthing her wife. She took a deep and silent breath before opening the door of the cubicle.

She passed by Jisoo's Aunt and her daughter as she walks to the faucet and washed her hands nonchalantly.

"J-Jennie? How long have you been ther-"

"I hate people talking about someone behind their back," Jennie didn't even let the girl finish as she faces them, "And it seems like you're talking crap about my wife."