Chapter 19

"Remove it or I won't hesitate to pull the trigger," He threatened.

I was about to remove it but stopped when I heard a gunshot.

Kai groaned in pain and his foot started bleeding as he fell on the floor. I looked up to see a very familiar girl on the doorway, holding a gun.

Just as our eyes met, I felt as if my world started blooming again. She ran towards me, tears threatened to leave her eyes. I stood there, unable to speak.

Jisoo grabbed my coat and placed it around my shoulders as she helps me stand up. She looked at me, tears finally escaped her eyes.

My heart started beating faster than it did before. I quickly pulled her into a hug as my tears welled up on her shoulders. I pulled away, she wiped my tears away and smiled.

"J-Jisoo, i-is it really you?" I sobbed.

"Yes, Jen. It's me."

-
Jisoo's POV

My eyes were puffy because of my tears, suddenly I felt my hands shake uncontrollably and I was able to let out a small groan. My head started throbbing in pain again.

"Chu, w-what's happening?!" My Mom cried.

"Nurse!!!" I heard my Dad yelled. My eyes were slowly shutting down while my body was starting to shake uncontrollably as well. Feeling as if all my strength has vanished away, a last tear had escaped from my eyes.

I heard nurses and doctors came in but I couldn't open my eyes anymore as I felt weak as ever. The last thing I heard before I lost consciousness was Jennie yelling my name.

As I was able to open my eyes, I realized what happened.

I was dreaming.

Even though I knew I was dreaming, the first thing I still looked for was Jennie. I looked everywhere for her but I couldn't find her. I cried every night and and wished every day just to be in her arms again which is the only place I felt safe.

I found out that I had been unconscious for 5 weeks because of overdosed. 5 years ago, I was in deep depression because my parents died in a car accident. I heard they also hit a girl who was sent into the hospital with my parents, but only the girl survived. My parents didn't make it so I was sent to Switzerland after that incident. I couldn't take the pain anymore that's why I attempted suicide by taking a lot of pills until I fell unconscious.

I was sent to the hospital and it took 5 weeks before I woke up. When I woke up, that's when I realized that I was dreaming.

I have managed to move on from that dream until I found Jennie here in Switzerland. I couldn't believe my eyes but I was sure it was definitely her. I wanted to approach her but she was hanging out with a boy.

I followed her for weeks, looking for the perfect time to approach her. I was scared she might not believe that I saw her in my dream and push me away. That boy, Kai, was always following her around. I felt that bad kind of vibe from him so I decided to follow Jennie when she picked her cousin up from school.

I waited outside the cinema and saw two men dragging Jennie inside their van so I quickly followed them and this is where it led me...

I stepped inside the empty room where they chained Jennie. Kai was pointing a gun on her forehead and forced her to take off her clothes. I didn't hesitate to pull the trigger and hit his foot.

I ran towards Jennie and placed her coat around her shoulder as I helped her stand up.

I thought she wouldn't recognize me but I was shocked when she did.

"J-Jisoo, i-is it really you?" She sobbed.

"Yes, Jen. It's me."

Jennie froze in front of me, so I looked behind only to be met by Kai's gun pointing at me.

"I fucking don't want to observe your lovey dovey romance bloom, so put your gun down!" Kai gritted his teeth.

I slowly placed the gun on the floor and covered Jennie.

"Now that your girlfriend's here. Why don't we continue our little game, Jennie?" Kai started, "You choose. Are you gonna come with me or do you want to see your girlfriend being buried alive six feet under the ground?"

I looked at Jennie and she was shivering in fear, tears welled up in her eyes while she says the words the completely broke my heart, "P-please don't hurt her. I'll go with you."

Kai chuckled placing his hand on Jennie's shoulder, "I knew you'd soon want to come with me."

"Don't touch her," I said.

Kai flashed me a smile before wrapping his fingers around Jennie's neck, dragging her to his side as he pointed his gun at me once again.

"Don't move if you don't want to grieve over her dead body," Kai said, slowly taking a step backwards with Jennie.

"Let her go."

"Should I?" He laughed.

I watched as he tries his best to walk away with a bleeding foot. I looked at Jennie and she mouthed me a 'Please go'. I shook my head and just as Kai fell on the floor, I quickly took my gun and pointed it at him this time.

He was quick to stand and and grab Jennie by his hands before putting his hands around her neck.

"Do you really think you can outsmart me?" He said, acting as if his foot isn't hurting, "Put your gun down!"

I didn't listen to him and continued pointing the gun at him. As I take a step forward, Kai took a step backward holding Jennie in his arms. I continued walking towards him until he hit the wall and fell on the floor.

She let go of Jennie and pointed his gun at me. I quickly grabbed Jennie's arms and pulled her behind me.

I grabbed his hand and twisted it so the gun was pointing at the floor as he winced slightly in pain. I grabbed the gun and threw it on the other side of the room, far away from him.

"You'll pay for this!" He exclaimed just as the room door slammed open revealing a bunch of cops.

"Mr. Kim Jongin, you are under arrest for kidnapping, attempted murder, and illegal use of gun. You have the right to remain silent, anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you cannot afford, the court will appoint a lawyer for you," They handcuffed him before dragging him outside.

I held Jennie's arms and as we exited the room. Not a moment later, I looked into her eyes before engulfing her into a hug. She wrapped her hands around me and hugged me tighter.

We're finally in each other's arms again. I hope, this time, it's not a dream anymore.