Chapter 13: Lone-Wolf Songstress Is No Longer Alone

(Y/N)'s POV

Ever since the school festival, my day wasn't at ease. Kazuraba and Fuuka returning out of nowhere are unexpected. I thought that they were gone for good or at least change into a better person, but they didn't.

But, I told myself that everything will be fine later.

For the day, it was just another normal beautiful morning. I was walking to school as usual and suddenly, I heard a female voice nearby a pole.

???: There, there. You're a cute little kitty.

I recognized the voice well and I took a peek. It was Yukina-san who was petting a stray cat.

Cat: Meow!~

The cat rubbed its head on her leg while purring.

Yukina: You're so adorable, are you?

I had to admit, the scene I'm seeing is wholesome. I tried to walk away from her slowly, but I accidentally stomped my leg on the road causing a loud noise. The cat got startled as it ran away.

She turned her head and she caught me looking at her. I couldn't hide anymore as she asked while glaring at me.

Yukina: How much did you see?

(Y/N): Umm... Uhh...

I stuttered and can't answer her, so she approached me.

Yukina: You know it's rude to stare, right? Thanks to you, the cat ran away from me.

(Y/N): I'm so sorry, Yukina-san.

I bowed down at the front of her.

Yukina: Save it. You better leave without saying anything about what you saw. Understand?

She glared at me while reprimanding me.

(Y/N): O-Okay. I understand. I'll leave right away.

Without saying any more words, I didn't waste my time and run away from Yukina-san straight to my school.

Yukina's POV

I saw (Y/N)-san run away from me heading to his school for all I care. He's slowly disappearing from my view and I monologue myself.

Yukina: I think I might've gone a bit too far there. I'm sorry (Y/N)-san, but I'm not comfortable when other people are watching me petting a cat on the street.

I shrugged the thoughts off my head as I pat the cat one last time as it meows and walks away from me. It's sad for me to leave it there, but I have school today, so I have to go to school before the class starts for the day.

Timeskip brought to you by Chibi Yukina who is wearing a cat headband rubbing her head on Chibi (Y/N)'s body.

(Y/N)'s POV

It's lunchtime and I went to have some lunch together with Poppin'Party at the school's field.

Kasumi: Hey, hey, (Y/N)-kun. How was our performance at the school festival? Do you like it?

(Y/N): You did great, Kasumi. I love your song as well.

Kasumi: Yay!

She hugged me while caressing her head on my shoulder. Arisa is upset with Kasumi hugging me, but I just a smile that tells her, she will get the chance to hug me later. She understands and continues eating her lunch.

Saaya: Glad we have a supportive boyfriend like you.

Arisa: We love it when you praise us.

Rimi: (Y/N)-kun, what do you think of us?