Heartbreak and Humiliation

Danielle POV

As the sun rose this morning I was still laying on the floor feeling hurt anguish, and broken. I start going back in my memories to the first time I met Brandon.

Flashback

Sitting in Professor Xavier's class while he was going over today's lesson plan I was writing down my notes until someone tapped me on my shoulder from across me I turned my head and saw this fine a** Adonis. God himself personally made him to perfection.

"Excuse me beautiful, do you have a pen I could borrow?"He said.

He was 6/5, Hazel eyes, Soft lickable juicy lips with a Athletic muscular Build, caramel complexion, with a low fade with waves that could rival the ocean. I was so captured with how handsome and fine he was I didn't even register the words he was saying to me.

I snapped back to reality and said "Huh." He smiled noticing I was eye raping him and repeated the question "Do you have a pen I could borrow?"He repeated. I was blushing so hard and my cheeks going red just feeling embarrassed with him seeing my attraction to him. I looked in my bag grabbed the extra pen and gave it to him. He smiled and said "thanks." "No problem," I said.

As I returned to writing my notes he tapped my shoulder again and said "What's your name beautiful?" "Danielle" I said. "I'm Brandon, pleasure meeting you." I blushed and said "you to."

Flashback Ends

And that was how my journey begin with Brandon. We became inseparable from then on. I was so shocked he had asked me out because Brandon was pretty popular around our college campus. Every girl wanted him not only because he was fine, but because he was at the top of his class, ambitious, and was the known son of Billionare CEO Daniel Mckinley of Mckinley Industries.

Brandon was to takeover the business soon as he graduated. Mr. Mckinley was getting older and was going to step down as CEO and finally retire leaving his legacy to Brandon.

I always felt insecure being with Brandon feeling that I wasn't good enough for him but he assured me as he put it "That I was his soulmate, His Queen. A blessing God gave him."  God I was f**kin stupid to believe his lies. I always tried to exceed and stayed at the top of my class to show I was worthy of being by his side. I catered to his every need and always put his feelings first before my own.

As my memories and thoughts were consuming me my cellphone starts ringing. I grab it and look at the caller I.D only to see my sister Destiny (Dee) calling me.

I answer the phone and hear her screaming in my ear "Bih why tf you ain't answering the phone." I roll my eyes and say "Can you stop screaming in my ear sounding like a damn banshee." "Whateva hoe get up and go shopping with me today, I got some tea for yo azz." She said. "I'm really not in the mood Dee, I just want to stay home."
"No hoe get yo azz up I'll be there in 20 to get you." She hung up and I sighed not feeling in the mood to do anything.

I swear my sis so damn ratchet and real I love her to death though. She doesn't sugarcoat s**t and has always been there for me.  Brandon and her could never get along. He said she was to loud and ghetto for his taste. And she said he was a arrogant, selfish, coon a** n**ga.

I wonder how I was gonna break the news to her and my family of me and Brandon getting a divorce. It was so much to think about that I didn't want to dwell on it to long. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.

Anyway as I took a shower and got dressed and waited on Dee I took out my phone and was strolling on IG (Instagram). As I was going through pics I noticed a news notification come on my phone and clicked on it but what it said made me so damn angry and made my blood grow cold, I couldn't believe it.

"Brandon Mckinley files for divorce from wife Danielle Mckinley." I clicked on another article and it read " "Brandon Mckinley and Natalie Williams are Engaged!" and more news articles and blog sites started surfacing.

I stood frozen still trying to comprehend what I was reading. I grabbed the remote and turned on the The T.V. to the News"Brandon Mckinley files for divorce from Danielle Mckinley and has found new love."

I couldn't breathe as I watched the news reveal my marriage was ending with Brandon. Not even 24 hours and this bastard was announcing our divorce and his engagement to Natalie.

I heard a knock at the door and snapped out of my thoughts to go answer the door for Dee. When I opened the door Dee just looked at me and then hugged me as I broke down. I have never been more hurt, betrayed, and humiliated then I am right now.

How could he do this to me of all people. Betray me this way and embarrass me. I wonder how long had he been cheating on me with her? Why wasn't I good enough? Was she more beautiful than me? Was I boring in bed? Did he not love me? I asked all these questions in my head as I cried in my sisters arms.

Dee came in and led me to the couch. "Are you okay sis"she said. I nodded once I was all cried out. "Good because I'm finna go kill this n**ga. Him and that backstabbing b**tch. I told you I never trusted Natalie she was always jealous of you and always acted shady."

I didn't say anything just trying to numb myself from the pain and heartache I was feeling. No one should be betrayed like this. I let Dee ramble on until she snapped me out of my thoughts by my phone ringing. My mom was facetime calling. I was so ashamed to answer, scared of the judgements and pity from her. Dee nudged me and said "Answer it."

As momma face appeared on my phone screen I just let the tears fall down my face. She just looked at me and said "I'm omw baby, you are strong and you are beautiful and that thing doesn't deserve you. You will get through this."

I'm so thankful for my mom and sister. Lord knows I needed them more than ever right now. I let my mom's encouraging words comfort me as I sat in my sister's embrace. I will overcome this no matter what.

It's time I put myself first and love myself.

Author Note

Brandon got some f**kin nerve and Danielle is finally realizing her worth. Whew make sure yall stay tuned! More heat coming.

Bye for now😘