New Beginnings

Danielle POV

Its been 6 long years since my divorce from Brandon and I must say it was difficult at first but like the saying goes "time heals all wounds." I can agree that statement was true for me.

After the judge granted me 200 million and the house in the divorce settlement I left the court room and never looked back. I made peace with myself right then an there and was determined to heal from this and focus on bettering myself. I'm worth more and will treat myself as such.

I sold the house and moved to New York for a fresh start. I finally put my business degree to use and started my own advertising agency. Things started out kinda rocky but now I made my business into a corporate powerhouse. My business is one of the most top advertising agency's in the country.

Funny how God can close one door and open another one for you. Life has really changed for me. I have really came along way from the weak devoted housewife to now a fierce, strong businesswoman and not to mention I have a new man in my life, Austin King CEO of King Industries.

Austin and I met during one of my business meetings. His company had developed a new phone app and were looking for a suitable advertising agency to help promote the launch of the software. I'll never forget how nervous I was just to meet him.

Flashback

(2 years ago)

I was sitting at my office desk going over company offers and advertisement logos from my marketing team when there was a knock at my door. "Come In" I said. Hailey my assistant/friend walks in with more company reports and a briefing of the upcoming meeting with Mr.King.

"Hey Ms. Brooks I got the company reports you asked for also some company files that need your signature."
"Ms. Brooks now is it, look at you sounding all professional..I told you to call me Danielle."I laughed.
"I know I have to get use to calling you that...its going to take some getting use to .....I also wanted to inform you of the upcoming meeting with Mr. King at 1pm."
"Yeah I was just going over the advertising proposal he wanted for his company."
"I heard he is very difficult to appease even worse than his father."
"So I've heard, but I have faith in our team that we are gonna get the account. We are the best at what we do. Did you set up the refreshments and have the reports ready for the meeting, I want to make sure everything is ready?"
"Yes everything is ready and prepared in the conference room."
"Alright its showtime, lets get going don't want to be late."

As me and Hailey and the rest of the marketing team arrive in the conference room, In walks this God of a man standing at 6/4 mocha brown skin complexion, athletic muscular build in a nice black tailor made Armani suit. He was so fine I had to squeeze my thighs to keep the tsunami from flowing between my legs. I couldn't think straight just being in close proximity of this man.

As he walked closer to me I could smell his cologne. Damn he smells amazing. I had to give myself a mental reality check "Alright Danielle get your s**t together and don't make a fool of yourself. You need this account to help expand your company." I reiterated in my head as I mentally scolded myself.

As I snap out of my thoughts the Sex God is standing in front of me. When we lock eyes is like time stood still and everyone else disappeared and only me and him exists. I snap out of my illusional state and find my voice to speak to him.

"Welcome Mr.King, its a pleasure to meet you, I'm Danielle Brooks, CEO of
Brooks Advertising Agency."
"Nice to meet you Ms.Brooks and the pleasure is all mine. I've heard great things about your company." Lawd his voice is a deep smooth baritone. Jesus keep me near you.
"Well hopefully with my great advertising team we will be a great fit for your company as well to help assist with the launch of your new software."
"Let's find out Ms.Brooks. Did you review the marketing proposal of the advertisement we want for the launch?"He asked as he stepped away from me and took his seat at the other end of the conference table.
"Of course here are the marketing advertisement options we have for the launch and the projection reports..."