King's Annual Charity Ball (part 2)

Brandon's POV

"Well hello Brandon an Natalie, nice to see you two again."

"Nice to see you again as well, Danielle."

I couldn't believe Danielle was here but what was confusing was what was she doing here with Austin King. Are they together? I had so many thoughts going through my mind until Natalie broke the silence.

Natalie: " Danielle shocking to see you here its been awhile since I seen you around after the divorce."

Danielle: " Yeah I decided to move to New York for a fresh start and opened up my own Advertising Agency."

Danielle: "How have things been with you?"

Natalie: "Great just enjoying married life and motherhood. You wouldn't believe our little Ryleigh is 6 now and she has Brandon wrapped around her little finger." I knew that Natalie was trying to get under Danielle's skin,but Danielle didn't let any emotion show that she was affected by the comment.

I was still in shock that Danielle was here standing in front of me, while they held a conversation.

She looks so amazing and glowing with happiness. She wore a beautiful baby blue sweet heart neckline dress with customized crystals and diamonds that showed her curves and flared out like a mermaid around the bottom.

I was so lost in my thoughts that I finally tuned in back to the conversation of her and Natalie.

Danielle: "Glad to hear that, Brandon always wanted a little girl, glad he finally got what he wanted." I looked down in shame I knew what she was referring to and felt regretful.

Natalie: "Well glad to see you are doing well girl, and who might this lovely gentleman be with you?" Natalie said eyeing Austin seductively.

Danielle: "Oh this is my Fiancé,Austin King who is also the love of my life and our gracious host tonight."

What?! Fiancé? She is engaged to Austin! I looked at Danielle shocked of this news. I don't know why but it made me feel some type of way hearing that Austin was engaged to my ex-wife.

Brandon: "Congratulations on your engagement, how long have you two been together?" I found myself asking.

Austin: "Two amazing years, we met during one of my business meetings and the rest is history. When I first saw Danielle I knew she was the one and I'm thankful God blessed me with the love of my life." He said.

I can tell he meant every word by the love and adoration in his eyes he held for her and the feeling was mutual as Danielle smiled and look at Austin like he was her whole world.

I know that look because she use to look at me that way. For some reason I felt hurt, remorseful and regret. I f**ked up.

Natalie: "Glad to see you finally found someone Danielle , I guess we both got the men we love." Natalie said as she was holding on to me.

The atmosphere was becoming kind of awkward with Natalie's little shady comments. But it didn't affect Danielle at all.

"Yeah but I didn't have to betray a friend to get him." Danielle said. Natalie looked shocked and angered by her comment while I looked down at the floor guiltily. Austin intervened and cut it short before things could escalate.

Austin: "Well it was nice meeting you again Brandon an Natalie, me and my Fiancée have other guests to greet. I hope you all enjoy the party." With that they walked away.

All I could do was stare at Danielle standing with Austin feeling regretful, angered, and guilty knowing that I'm the reason for all the pain I put her through. Seeing her happy and in love with Austin was like a knife to my heart.

I still love her and I f**ked up by letting her go. They say you don't know what you have until it's gone. And I hate myself for everything I did.

"I see she still is a bitter b**tch over the past she needs to let that hurt go."

"Natalie that was totally uncalled for."

"What I didnt do anything she caught an attitude with me, its clear to see she still can't get over the fact that you left her for me."

"Cut the s**t Natalie you were saying little snide comments to her on purpose."

"There you go again always defending her...smh you know what f**k you I'm leaving...you can stay here pretending to be a happy couple by yourself!" I sighed and grabbed Natalie by the arm before she could walk away

"Natalie wait..look I'm not defending her I just didn't want to make the situation more awkward then it already was okay."

"Do you still love her Brandon...tell me the truth?"

"No I love you it was just shocking to see her here thats all. I love you and only you."

"I don't want to lose you Brandon, I know I'm difficult to be with I just feel like I'm losing you."

"I'm not gonna lie we have some issues that need to be addressed and fixed but I think with some effort and a few changes from us we can rekindle our love again."

" Okay lets start by getting out of here and going back to the room so I can make love to my handsome husband...I don't want to waste this trip arguing and fighting about Danielle and the past. I want to enjoy New York and make new memories with you my love."

"I would love that, c'mon lets go."

As me and Natalie head towards the door to leave the party. I look back towards Danielle and plan to talk with her privately very soon. I just hope and pray she will listen and be open to hearing what I have to say.

With that I leave with one question, Do I still love Danielle? I need to sort my feelings out quickly.

Author Notes

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter I will try to update again soon.

Until next time...Bye for now😘