Background Check

Austin POV
A week before the wedding

After my altercation with Brandon at the restaurant, I had decided to have my younger brother Brent have one of our men to do a background check on Brandon, Natalie, and his friend Terrance to see if anything came up about them. I had my suspicions about their company for awhile when some of the funds for the company project we were collaborating on were missing and looked like falsified documents for miscellaneous payments.

I guess it's a good thing I did because Brent walked in with the results I had been waiting for,  Talk about perfect timing. "Hey man, the detective just dropped this off by my office, I think you may want to take a look." He dropped the envelope on my desk and I took it and opened it up to read what the results were. My jaw damn near dropped on the floor from the documents I was reading. These two dirty motherf*ckers were not only stealing from the joint company account but also the documents revealed that Brandon had been sending money to his off-shore accounts out of the country as well as given his wife Natalie access to it for her personal use. 

What's worse is not only were there millions missing from the account, But outrageous purchases for jewelry, clothing, vacations trips, and other miscellaneous shit was brought with our money. The detective Brent hired had been following and keeping tabs on Brandon, Natalie,and Terrance ever since the night of the incident at the restaurant.

My intuition was telling me that something bad was about to happen and I was really worried for Danielle, so that was why I had my brother Brent to have a private detective follow them and update me about their whereabouts and background.

As I flipped to the next page of the documents, sh*t just kept getting worse, Natalie was seen coming out of Terrance's hotel room and the two also had been photographed together on multiple occasions having lunch and romantic dinners together while Brandon was either stuck in his business meetings or just resting in his hotel room thinking Natalie was out shopping or site seeing the city. Talk about Karma, the man had no idea he was being cheated on and betrayed by the two people he trusted most.

The documents also revealed that Natalie had secretly done a DNA test on their daughter Rylie and it showed that the baby was Terrance's, Brandon's best friend and lawyer. I'm assuming she had no idea who the real father was and done this behind Brandon's back. I couldn't believe what I was reading. What type of people were we dealing with. I showed Brent the documents and he was disgusted and pissed off.

"Bro are you serious, does Dad know about this?"Brent asked.

"I honestly don't know but I'm definitely going to tell him. We have been doing business with Brandon's company for years. There is no telling how much money has been stolen and put in those accounts." I said honestly. To have this much money taken should have been immediately red flag unless someone was covering the trail to not be suspected.

"I'm more suspicious of Brandon's lawyer, Terrance. It's something not right with Bro, Danielle came home and told me about her encounter with him at the dress fitting that rubbed me the wrong way."

"Do you want to put our security on her to make sure she's safe?" Brent asked.

"Yeah also contact some of our connections and have them look into who Brandon and Terrance has connections with outside the country."

"Sure I'll take care of it now, let me know if you find anything else." Brent said and left my office.

I continued reading the rest of the documents of the investigation looking into Terrance and his whereabouts. He had been secretly meeting with one of my fathers mafia men to have someone followed and kidnapped. He had no idea of this but nothing happens in this city or anywhere for that matter without me and my family knowing. Me and my family have major political and underworld connections all over, which Danielle is aware of but doesn't ask much about.