Surprise Visit

Danielle POV

After the Annual Charity Ball, life got back to my usual hectic schedule at work. It was kind of difficult to see Brandon and Natalie again. But I think I handled it well considering the past we had.

Austin was worried that their appearance would trigger any unresolved emotional feelings due to our past but honestly I felt nothing. As far as I'm concerned they deserve each other. Brandon is my past and I would like to keep it that way.

As I'm going over a new advertising portfolio my assistant Hailey knocks and enters my office to let me know I have a visitor.

Thats odd I had no meetings scheduled today but I allowed the visitor to enter even though I'm preoccupied with documents and going over the finishing touches of the reports.

"Hello Danielle." I freeze at the sound of the familiar voice. Looking up into a pair of familiar brown eyes.

"Hello Brandon, what are you doing here?"He looks nervously at me.

"Oh I'm uhh.... still here visiting New York for a couple of weeks for a few  business meetings an decided to drop by and thought maybe to see if we could talk?"

"Talk, about what we have nothing to discuss." I say coldly while staring at him. He looks taken back at how sharp my voice is.

"You know about everything....Us." He says nervously.

" There is no "Us" so you can leave now I have alot of work to do." I say dismissively to him ready to end this conversation.

"I know the way I ended things is unforgivable.....I just want a chance to explain about everything....please Danielle just have one dinner with me and I won't bother you again?" He looks at me hopeful that I agree to this.

"No...I have nothing to say to you."I say firmly again.

"C'mon Danielle....I think you should at least hear me out...maybe we could get closure to everything and put the past behind us. Maybe even be friends."

I stare at him incredulously...this man must have lost his damn mind!

"Friends are you f**kin serious?!...I don't want anything to do with you....There is nothing to say the past is the past....I dont know where all this is coming from all of a sudden you show up here unannounced and now you want to talk and explain yourself ?...why did it take you 6 years to want to talk and have this conversation on how you and Natalie betrayed me not to mention publicly humiliated me with the divorce and your engagement while still married to me."...smh " You're a piece of work still the same ole Brandon thinking everything is supposed to be done on your time when you feel like it!" I yell at him feeling frustrated with this whole conversation.

He just looks at me with a guilty sad look on his face. I just wish he would leave, I don't even know why the hell he is even here and why we are even talking about this.

"I'm so sorry Danielle...just please let me explain everything."

"Get Out!" I look at him as I feel the anger and rage rising inside of me.

"Danielle just list-" I put my hand up as I have heard enough and I'm done with this conversation.

"Leave Brandon before I have security throw you out." I say with anger in my voice.

He has no right to come here and try to make me agree or listen to anything he has to say.

"I'll leave for now, but this conversation isn't over Danielle." With that being said he turns and storm out of my office.

After everything he has done to me he has the audacity to show up and try to force me to listen to him.

I take deep breaths to try and calm my anger down. I just can't believe he came here and for what? .... To bring up the past an ask for forgiveness for his own guilt and to add insult to injury to be friends. I scoff just thinking about it he can go f**k himself right along with his "wife".

As my inner thoughts consume me my phone rings. I look at the screen to see Austin calling.

"Hey baby, just calling to hear your voice. I hope I didn't catch you at a bad time?"

" No as a matter of fact I'm glad you called, I was upset and needed to hear your voice."

" What's wrong something happened?" I can hear the concern in his voice.

"Yes and no. Brandon showed up to my office today unannounced asking me to have dinner with him to discuss our past. Of course I declined but he kept insisting that we should talk so he could explain hisself." I still felt my anger simmering at just the thought of him.

"Explain for what exactly? ....smh that guy is a disgrace and has got some f**kin nerves after everything he has done to you."I can hear the anger in his voice.

"Exactly of course I said no and asked him to leave and he refused and kept insisting for me to listen to him and again I kept saying no an I became so angry I threatened to have security throw him out. Before he left he said this wasn't over and then stormed out of my office."

"Calm down baby I hate to hear you so upset.....I'll take care of this. I'll make sure he stays away from you by paying him a little visit."

"No babe don't do anything just yet.... I'll handle this, I promise. I won't let Brandon come back and interrupt my life with his nonsense. I am happy and have moved on with my life. He needs to do the same." I say as I vent out my frustrations to Austin.

" Okay babe but just know I'm here if you need me...but if he dosen't stop and keeps harassing you promise you'll let me know?" He says firmly. I know he means business when it comes to my wellbeing.

"I promise baby...Ill let you handle it if he becomes a problem."

"Alright well I have a meeting to get to, talk to you later and remember I love you."

" Love you to." I say as we end the call.

I hope Brandon leaves me alone and lets this go but I have this dreadful feeling thats its far from over and things are gonna get worse.

God only knows what is to come I just hope it leaves my past as just that...the past.

Author Notes

Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all enjoy your holidays with your family and friends as well as the new story update. I know it's been awhile but my work schedule is hectic and will try to update as much as possible.

Until next time...Bye for Now😘