Letting Him Go

(Trigger Warning ahead)

Danielle POV

(2 months later)

After 2 months of battling with my emotions and feelings and trying to come to terms with realizing my marriage is over with Brandon and that he dosen't love me and is never coming back. I finally stop stalling on the divorce and agreed to the terms and conditions of the divorce that brandon wanted but with a few minor changes.

As we were sitting in court waiting for the judge to finalize our divorce proceedings, I look over to Brandon and see him and Natalie looking so content and happy, like they weren't the ones who backstabbed and betrayed my trust and hurt me to my core.

Alot more secrets was revealed during court but the one that finally sealed the deal and fate of our marriage, was the day of court when Brandon took the stand and was questioned about how long the affair had been going on, which he revealed they been involved for over two years and that Natalie was also pregnant with his child.

That day not only was my heart broken but my spirit as well. How could he do this? It's like I didn't mean anything to him. As I'm sitting there my thoughts went back to a memory with Brandon that I desperately tried to forget and bury.

Flashback

Standing in the bathroom looking in the mirror trying to calm down as my anxiety was all over the place waiting for the pregnancy test to reveal the results. Those 5 minutes felt like forever as I'm waiting for the timer to go off.

My thoughts are everywhere. Am I ready to be a mother? Would Brandon want the baby? My anxiety was at an all time high. I couldn't relax at all. As my thoughts went on the timer went off.

I picked up the test and looked to see what the results would say. I froze as I read the results, Pregnant. Omg I'm going to be a mother. As much as I am terrified I'm also excited and happy. Wow me and Brandon are having a baby. Now I just have to figure out how to tell Brandon. I know this baby was a little unexpected but God has a plan and I trust in his judgement.

As I hid the test away and finished cleaning. I got dressed and started cooking a romantic dinner for us since tonight would be a special occasion to hopefully celebrate this amazing news. I wanted to have everything prepared for when Brandon came home. He always likes me to have his dinner ready by the time he gets off work.

As I lit the last candle and gave myself a once over, Brandon unlocked the door and walked in. He looked tired and exhausted and I could tell he wasn't in the best mood but hopefully that will change once he unwines and relax.

I brought over his scotch drink and took his coat and brief case and led him to his seat at the table. I went to the kitchen to get the dinner dishes to serve him hoping that everything was to his liking.I know how much he loves steak w/ asparagus so i made sure I cooked it just the way he likes.
As I'm serving the dishes I make light conversation.

"Hey baby how was your day today, anything interesting happen at the company?"
"Yeah we have this new deal with King Industries that is kinda difficult to close. Hopefully we can find a mutual agreement of the terms and close this deal. This would be a big account for us."
"Everything will work out, If anybody can get the job done its you." I say sweetly to him.
" Thanks baby, how was your day?" he asks.
"It was good, I took your suits to the cleaners and did some grocery shopping to make sure we have the items we need for the dinner party on Friday."
"Thanks babe, I need this dinner party to be a success for me to close this deal with Mr.King. I swear that man is a pain in my a**."
"I understand babe, I'll make sure everything is perfect."

As we continue eating dinner I'm trying to figure out the best way to bring up the conversation about the baby. I'm completely nervous but this conversation has to be had. As I'm about to speak Brandon's phone goes off alerting him of a text message. He reads the text but starts smiling which is unusual because if its related to work he just becomes annoyed.

As I try to get his attention he completely ignores me and continues texting on his phone. Who is he texting that has him all smiles while I'm trying to tell him something important.

I start to get upset and just get up to take the dishes to the kitchen. Brandon walks in and tells me he is going back to the office. There was an emergency and don't wait up. I stopped cleaning and looked at him.

Before he can walk out I grab his hand and say "Brandon we need to talk, there is something important I need to tell you. He stands there looking annoyed.
"Whatever we need to talk about can wait, I have other matters to attend to."
"No Brandon this is important, can't you make time for me and just listen to me for once. You're barely here and when you are you just come home eat dinner are giving me some lame excuse to leave. I miss you Brandon and I just want you to spend a little time with me."
"Here we go again you always with this nagging s**t when I'm trying to go out and make a living for us. Somebody got to pay the bills and since I'm the only one with a job I have to provide for your lazy a** while you spend all day at home and all of my money."

I stood there shocked Brandon has never talked like that to me.Where the hell is all this coming from. This n**gga got me f**cked up if he think he can say whateva he wants to me. Besides he told me he didn't want me to work because it was the man's job to provide and I was his Queen and would be treated as such making our home special for us.

"First of all I wanted to work you were the one who told me you didn't like the idea of me working and was so against it and wanted me home. I have no problem going to work and putting my degree to use!" I yelled.
"Don't nobody got time for this s**t I have things to do. If you want to argue do it by yourself. I'm getting sick of your s**t."
"Brandon don't you dare walk away from me., we need to talk and your gonna listen to what I have to say. Why do you always do this?"
"Enough of this dramatic s**t say what tf you gotta say Danielle so I can leave."
"I'm pregnant Brandon."

I stood frozen waiting to see his reaction to the news.This is not the way I wanted tonight to go but somehow it took a turn for the worse. Brandon just stood there staring at me like he was in shock at what I just said. But what he said next broke my heart.

"Danielle I'm not ready to be a father, you have to get rid of it"
"What, are you out of your f**kin mind?!"
"I'll pay for everything and make the arrangements. I'm not ready to be a father, I still have alot of things I want to accomplish in my life and I don't need a baby added to the mix along with job and all the other bulls**t I'm dealing with you."

Tears flowed down my face I couldn't believe what he just said.

"You want me to get an abortion?"I asked barely above a whisper.

"Yes Danielle, it's just not the right time for us." He said. I got angry and refused to do this.
"I'm not killing this baby Brandon, we will adjust and work it out!"I yelled.
"Have this baby and you can kiss this marriage goodbye." He said through gritted teeth and his jaw clenched with his hand balling into fists.
"Make a choice, it's either me or this baby. Don't make me wait to long on your decision." Brandon grabbed his coat and walked to the door.
"Brandon please don't make me do this. I love you, don't make me do this I beg you." I was on my knees begging him to work this out with me. He looked down on me with anger and disgust.
"When I come back, it better be done or else kiss this marriage goodbye." With that he walked out slamming the door.

I broke down in tears screaming. How could he say that? How could he feel that way about our child? He wanted me to kill our baby. Our blessing. I cried until I couldn't cry anymore with that I made a decision that I would regret for the rest of my life.

Flashback Ends

As I come back from that horrible memory.I realize the judge is seated and finally going on with our divorce proceedings.

I turn to look at Brandon and Natalie once more and don't feel any regrets about this divorce. I wish them all the best. With bad endings come New beginnings.

Finally I find peace with letting him go.

Author Notes

Surprise two updates in one day... Just a little treat for you guys.
I hope you all enjoy this chapter. It was a little difficult for me to write but it shows just how much Danielle endured during this marriage.
I apologize if anyone is triggered during this chapter.

Thank you for all the love and support. Make sure you follow, comment, and like and share.

Until next time....Bye for Now😘.