My Karma

Brandon POV

(6 years later)

Time goes by so fast when you least expect it. After Danielle and I divorced, me and Natalie had our beautiful daughter Ryleigh and got married a year later.  We had a huge wedding with our family and friends in attendance.  My mom and dad were not happy how I went about the divorce but I knew they would come around. Things finally were looking up for me or so I thought.

After the judge granted Danielle the house and 200 million in our divorce settlement, Danielle stood up and left the court room. She didn't say anything to me just up and left without a word. I knew she was hurting, but she will be okay. This was the best decision for us. At least that was what I kept telling myself.

I didn't see Danielle around after that. Last I heard of her she had sold the house and moved away. No one knew where she went. I just hope wherever she is, she is happy.

Things with Natalie were good during the first year of our marriage but then I noticed things started to change with us. I found out Natalie was so different from Danielle in so many ways, she couldn't cook or clean and wanted to shop all the time and live a lavish lifestyle and was always out partying or going out of town with her friends, which I never met. She rarely spent anytime with Ryleigh or me anymore and was always late coming home or sometimes not at all.

I had to hire a new nanny for Ryleigh and a housekeeper to keep the upkeep of the house because Natalie was always forgetting to pick Ryleigh up from school or her ballet class or making sure to have the house clean by the time I got home.

I tried talking to Natalie to change some of her ways and to spend more time with us, but she would always argue that she was a free spirit with a passion for life and felt like I should be understanding and more supportive of that since I use to say I loved that about her all the time. My words were coming back to bite me in the a**. Ryleigh was starting to become distant from her. I don't know what else to do. But things have definitely got to change.

As I'm leaving my office and getting ready to go home, I call Natalie to see if she would be home tonight to have dinner with us and hopefully for me and her to talk, but as usual her phone goes to voicemail. I sigh and continue walking out the building and going home.

When I arrived at the house, I go inside and was greeted by the staff and of course my beautiful little Ryleigh who just makes my day with that beautiful smile.  We go to the dining room and she starts telling me about her day at school and her ballet class. I listen attentively and chime in a few words here and there but overall I'm all ears for my little Ryleigh.

As we continue eating dinner I hear the front door open and Natalie walks in the kitchen with more shopping bags and sits down at the table and orders the maid to bring her dinner.

" Hey you two how was your day?" she asks. " It was good finally got the documents signed for the new project we are working on." Ryleigh dosen't say anything she just gets quiet or just wants to be excused from the table. I knew it was coming, I could read it in her facial expression. "May I be excused?" Ryleigh asks. Before I could say anything Natalie interrupts me,
"Not this time Ryleigh, stay and finish your dinner, your starting to look like a little skeleton, you need to eat."
"Who asked you, I was speaking to dad." I looked at Ryleigh shocked at the manner and disrespect she was showing to her mother.
"Watch your tone young lady, I said no now eat your dinner." Ryleigh rolled her eyes but didn't say anything else. I will have a talk with her later.

After their little exchange, we finished eating dinner in silence and Ryleigh went upstairs to her room to finish her homework. I went up to our bedroom to talk to Natalie in private. When I went up to our bedroom Natalie was in the closet putting her shopping bags away.

"Natalie we need to talk."
"Ughhh again, what do you want to talk about now?"
"Us Natalie and also about you spending more time with Ryleigh. She misses you Natalie and she is starting to notice you are not around much anymore."
"No what she is; is very spoiled and becoming a disrespectful brat. You baby her to much and let her get her way all the time."
"That's bulls**t, I'm the only one here that makes time for her and care about what's going on in her life, while all you f**kin do is shop,party, and hang out with them slutty a** so called friends of yours. You forgot that you got a daughter and husband who needs you and you barely have your a** at home, hell sometimes don't come home at all."
"I'm sorry if I want to enjoy my life instead of being at you and Ryleigh's beck and call all the f**kin time. You knew I was this way before you married me and use to enjoy having fun with me now you have a problem with the way I am. You just mad because I won't sit home and cater to your needs and feelings like that b**tch Danielle use to do. I'm not gonna be weak and pathetic for you like her dumb a**!"
"First of all leave Danielle out of this, second of all are you f**kin serious, You are f**kin married Natalie with a child, at least danielle knew how to keep her a** at home. At least she cooked and cleaned like a wife should instead hanging out in the streets like a f**kin thot!"
"Fuck you Brandon, you always comparing me to that b**tch if she did all that you should have stayed married to that desperate weak b**tch and left me tf alone! You came crying to me about how unhappy yo a** was with her, now all you ever do is throw that b**tch in my face just to prove a f**kin point. I'm sick of it!"
"Maybe if you act like a f**kin wife and mother, we wouldn't be having this discussion, and oh let's not act like you wasn't ready and willing to take her position because you were insecure of Danielle for years feeling like you was always second best. You couldn't wait to f**k me as soon as you were given the chance just to feel like you one up on her. I feel stupid for choosen your whorish thot a** over her!"
"So what you saying, you wish she was here instead of me, is that what the f**k your saying Brandon?!"
"I'm saying stop giving me a reason to feel that way or else you gonna find yo a** f**kin divorced!"
"Don't you dare talk to me like that Brandon, I am your wife you better show me some f**kin respect!"
"Then B**tch start acting like one!"

With that I left and went to our spare bedroom. I'm tired of Natalie and her bulls**t. If things don't change soon I'm leaving her a**. I know this is my Karma for how I treated Danielle. But what's done is done.

I made my bed, now I have to lay in it.

Author Notes

Whew the saying is true...you reap what you sow. Karma is a b**tch! What goes around comes around.

I hope y'all enjoy this chapter.

Until next time...Bye for Now😘