Chapter 16: Nightmare

tw. abuse, gore

"do you actually love me, or are you just desperate." dream stared at george in confusion. "what kind of question is that? yes i love you." george stared ahead. looking at the wooden table in the middle of the room. "okay. that's all i wanted to know." george didn't believe it though, this guy is a murderer and probably a sociopath. no way did dream actually love him. he liked to think he did, but deep down he knew it was too good to be true. dream slid his hand over georges stomach and wrapped it around his back. george grabbed his hand and moved it out of the way. dream stared at george with a sad face. george slightly moved his head over and looked at dream. dream was crying a little bit. "sorry." george said. "my stomach just hurts." dream gave him a nod and dropped his head on the pillow. george moved his eyes ahead again and continued staring at the table. he wondered what has happened on that table, there were blood stains all over it. the thought of him being on that table appeared in his mind but quickly left. dream sat up and inspected georges neck. it didn't look any better, but the bleeding stopped. dream got up and walked to the bathroom. he brushed the glass away with his feet and grabbed a washcloth from the cabinet. he ran it under the faucet with warm water and set it off to the side. he grabbed the gauze and the wrap on the sink, then grabbed the washcloth. he walked back to georges bed. he sat down next to george. "okay i have to change this out, can you just try and sit still for me while i replace this." george nodded and looked at dream. dream softly took off the wrap, bandage and gauze from georges neck. he looked at the wound, it was enough to make him throw up. he put on the gauze and wrapped it with the wrap. he placed the washcloth on georges head. george gave him a warm smile, and motioned for him to lay next to him. dream climbed on the bed and laid next to george. dream wrapped his legs around georges and put his arm around his waist. "thank you." george said quietly. dream gave george a little smile. dream leaned in and kissed georges cheek, trying not to move him. george grabbed dreams hand. holding onto it tightly. "i love you george." dream said quietly to him. "i love you too." george looked over at dream, he leaned in and kissed dream on his forehead. they heard footsteps come down the basement stairs. dream leaned up slightly releasing from georges grip. "hey guys." sapnap said. he was holding a pillow and some blankets. "hey what's up." dream looked at sapnap. sapnap looked like he was crying. "do you guys mind if i sleep down here tonight. i can sleep on the floor, i don't care." dream looked at george and george nodded yes. "yeah that's fine sapnap. why are you crying?" dream said to sapnap. "i just had a bad dream that's it. i know, i'm a baby." "stop sapnap, you're not a baby. we all get bad dreams." dream smiled at sapnap. sapnap set his blankets on the floor and set up the bed. "sapnap, you can sleep on the bed it's fine." george said. "no it's fine, you 2 need your space." "sapnap just sleep on the bed." dream said compassionately. sapnap picked his pillow up and walked over to the bed. "you guys are kinda cute i guess." sapnap laughed as he was setting up his pillow next to dreams. dream rolled his eyes and george smiled. dream felt his pocket buzzing. he grabbed his phone out of his pocket and looked at the screen. his mom was calling. "i'll be right back guys." he walked up the stairs into the kitchen. he swiped his hand on the screen to answer the phone call. "hey mom what's up." he yawned. "just wanted to check on you. making sure you're okay." "mom it's three in the morning. why are you up." "idk i'm just thinking about a lot of stuff." dream could hear that his mom has been crying. "like what?" "well i was just thinking about your dad. i miss him a lot." dream could hear his mom start to choke up. "mom, what happened wasn't your fault. stop blaming yourself. he decided to choose to do this to us." "yeah but i can't help but feel guilty, i wasn't good enough for him. i want to go see him, to catch up and so he can see drista." "no, that's not a good idea mom. you know what he did to us, and putting drista into that type of environment is dangerous. if you do go, don't let him put his hands on you like he used too." "i still love him, after 10 years of abuse. i still love him." his mom was bawling now. he could hear the pain in her voice. "i know mom. i know. but you need to move on." "thanks sweetie. i'm going to go to bed now. goodnight, i love you." "i love you more." his mom hung up the phone. he sat at the table, he buried his head into his hands. the memories started to flow in, the memories that he blocked out now returned. he remembered after school everyday. he would go up to his room. his mom and dad fighting per usual. but he remembered one night in particular. he came home from school, his dad was sitting on the couch. he was watching a football game. dream walked to his room, his dad grabbed his arm and punched him in the face. dream had a black eye for 2 weeks. every night since that night, the abuse went on. he soon got used to it. he stopped feeling after that. his mom got the worst of the abuse though. his mom was forced to sleep on the ground every night, she would get hit nonstop. but she still loved and cared for him. dream snapped out of it, he wiped the tears off of his face. he got up from the kitchen table and went back down the stairs. sapnap looked at him. "are you crying?" sapnap said with a worried expression. george looked over at dream, he also had a worried expression on his face. "i'm fine."