Chapter 19: Hurt

tw. anxiety, guns, blood

43 missed calls and text messages from "nick" "oh shit." dream yelled. "what's wrong?" george said. dream dialed sapnaps number and hit the call button. it went straight to voicemail. dream rubbed his hands on his forehead furiously, rubbing his eyes. george put his hands on dreams back, dream immediately threw them off. "what the hell is wrong with you." george said with an angry tone. "sapnap called me like a million times and i tried to call him back and it went straight to voicemail." dream said yelling at george. "okay? so why are you taking it out on me. i didn't do anything." suddenly they heard the front door slam. they could hear sapnap crying. sapnap wiggled dreams door handle realizing it's locked. "DREAM LET ME FUCKING IN." sapnap screamed as he cried. dream ran to the door unlocking it fast, sapnap rushed in. sapnap looked at george who had a flushed face and whose shirt was off. "OH LOOK AT YOU TWO FUCKING WHILE I RUN FROM THE POLICE. THATS WHY YOU COULDN'T PICK UP MY PHONE CALLS!" sapnap screamed at both george and dream. dreams jaw dropped. "ran from the police?" dream stuttered. "yes idiot. i was in the grocery store and they saw the knife in my pocket and questioned me. as soon as they went out to their car i ran. i ran all the way home." dream just stood there, he couldn't speak. he tried to squeeze a word out, but nothing seemed to escape. "did you run into any of the cops?" dream said loud. "well yeah, but i finished him off." sapnap opened his jacket pointing to his shirt, revealing dark red blood all over his shirt. it was very fresh blood. george looked at dream, his jaw dropping. "y-you killed him?" george said with tears rolling down his face. "well i mean i kind of had too so we wouldn't get caught." george shook is head, throwing his face into his hands. dream went over to george and sat next to him, george buried his face into dreams chest. "so do they know where we are or what." dream said concerned. "i don't think so, they didn't even see me run in the beginning. when i was running in the alley one popped around the corner so i knifed him." sapnap started pacing back and forth, he slammed his fist into dreams desk. george flinched and started crying harder. "sapnap stop! you're scaring george!" "i don't give a fuck right now dream, what if they fucking find us!?" "you act like we haven't dealt with this a million times sapnap! now stop being aggressive!" dream said loudly as he was rubbing georges back. sapnap shook his head staring at dream. "you're fucking pathetic dream, you care more about this guy that you met a little bit ago more than you care about me! i've been with you through thick and thin. you've cried into my arms when you had flashbacks, i've cried into yours. why don't you fucking care about me!" sapnap dropped to his knees, screaming as he cried into his hands. "sapnap, i fucking love you man. you're overthinking things right now." "dream i'm not overthinking shit. everything i say is how i feel right now. i'm hurt. i'm fucking hurt." dream let loose of george and crawled down on the floor next to sapnap, he hugged him tightly as sapnap cried into his arms. "sapnap. we will be fine don't worry. i love you man, i just wish you could feel it." sapnap looked up at dream staring at him. "okay whatever. what do we do though, about the whole cop situation." "they won't find us, it's okay. stop worrying about that. we will be okay." sapnap hugged dream tightly, wrapping his arms around dreams arms. george sat staring at the two, they had a confusing relationship to him. it's like one day they would be bestfriends and the next day dream would stab him in the shoulder. although they have both moved on from that it seemed weird to him. dream suddenly moved out from sapnaps reach and spoke loudly. "okay we should turn off the lights and keep the curtains closed. we can all go to the basement and bring materials to maybe stay there for a little bit." he looked at sapnap. "okay you should grab your mattress and some sheets to lay on, and grab something to eat also. also turn off the lights and close the curtains. i'm going to go put george downstairs." sapnap nodded his head in agreement as he got up walking to his room. dream got up and grabbed a small backpack and placed multiple sets of clothes in it, smashing it all down as he tried to fit more. "okay george you ready?" dream said with a heartwarming smile. george nodded his head yes. dream picked george up and carried him through the hallway and down the stairs, he placed him on the bed lightly. "okay i'll be right back. just stay put please." george nodded his head. dream walked up the stairs and walked to his room. he grabbed a basket out of his closet, it was full of pistols. he grabbed his most harmful one, he shoved it into his pocket and grabbed the ammo to go with it. he walked over to sapnaps room to see him trying to lift his mattress up. "a little help please." dream laughed and walked over to sapnap. he grabbed the end lifting it up so effortlessly. "when the fuck did you become so strong?" sapnap laughed as he tried to lift up the other side. "you're just weak." dream laughed and sapnap rolled his eyes. dream held the mattress on one end dragging it onto the floor and pushed it through the door. he pushed i further down the hall until he reached the basement stairs. he shoved the mattress down the stairs, it rolled down and soon fell the the floor. dream looked at sapnap and whispered quietly trying not to let george hear. "okay do you have everything you need? guns and ammo and shit." sapnap nodded he head at dream, pulling the gun out of his pocket and putting it back in. dream walked down the stairs and looked at george. he was running his fingers through his hair. dream revealed a slight smile that got georges attention. george patted his leg signaling for him to come cuddle. dream held up his pointer finger trying to tell him to wait one second. as soon as sapnap got down the stairs dream ran up locking it from the inside, he wiggled the doorknob to make sure it was locked. dream ran down the stairs and walked over to georges bed, he wrapped his arms around him and kissed him. "hey i'm still here. don't act like you didn't get it on earlier." dream rolled his eyes and continued kissing george. sapnap set up his mattress in the corner of the room and placed his bedsheets and pillows on it. "hey so when do you think we sho-" sapnap was cut off by a loud bang coming from right above them. they were here.