Violet x Fem: Familiar

⚠️tw: mentions of death

(Y/N) POV
I wake up to my alarm clock blaring in my ear. I aimlessly swat my hand around trying to find my clock.

'So...ealry...' I thought as I get out of bed like a zombie.

I look at the formal all black outfit hanging up on my bedroom doorknob.

'I wonder if Violet will recover...' my thoughts are interrupted as I hear a knock on my door.

I open the door to see, Lieutenant Hodgins?!

"Sir!" I straighten my poster and salute.

"At ease, besides I retired since the war ended, so please just call me Hodgins. Either way you don't look even close to being ready." He says.

"Sorry, old habits" I respond before looking at the the time and realize we could be late if I don't hurry, I ran through the house into my room.

After I'm done with dressing myself and makeup I mean my way the my living room where Hodgins has made himself at home.

"You finally ready kid?" He asks.

"You call me kid as if we both aren't grown, you know I'm not that much younger than you." I start to put my shoes on.

"Still, you're in your 20s...while I'm in my 30s." He responds.

We both leave my house and get on the carriage to go to a funeral...a rather dreadful one too.

"So, I heard you retired too?" He asks.

"I mean I wouldn't call it retiring, I just voluntarily separated. Either way I started working at a flower shop owned by a sweet elderly lady." I responded.

"I see, I hope the flower shop works out for you." He says as we arrive to the burial.

Our conversation easily dies out as we approach the empty coffin, everyone that was around the coffin had made a pathway for us.

As everyone is finishing up with theirs speeches including me, it started to rain.

" he was the best older brother I could ask for. I am thankful for the time we got to spend together." I finish my speech.

As the funeral goes on I started to shed tears, my salty tears that mixed with the pure rain. At that point I don't think anyone could tell if it was the rain or tears on my face.

Timeskip to a few months later

I have been doing way better, especially now that it's the beginning of summer when flowers bloom the brightest.

Since the owner is elderly I took on the role of delivering flowers, before I leave I look at one of the shops mirrors to look at the necklace that  Hodgins got me a few months ago.

I was beautiful, it had a Sterling silver chain and on the end was a polished blue-ish emerald stone that resembled my late brothers eyes perfectly.

As I go to ride my bike I remember what Hodgins said to me a few days ago.

"Now Violet just got released, she has been notified about your brothers happenings, but please be mindful of her situation. All I'm trying to say is, please be nice to her. Even though she's never seen you, if you two do decide to strike up a conversation be patient please." He asked of me.

I just delivered the flowers to a kind man's doorstep.

'Now back to the shop!'

As I'm riding my bike back I see the reflection of my necklace hit the metal poles on my bike.

"Major Gilbert?!" I hear causing me to slam the brakes and to over the handle bars. I prepare for the worst...but I don't hit the ground? I slowly opened up my eyes to see Violet.

"Sorry for I have startled you, it's just...your necklace." She trails off.

"It's okay, I'm just happy I'm still able to ride my bike!" I said as she puts me down.

'Damn, that's impressive. She looks so fragile but she actually the opposite, especially with those metal arms now. Hodgins wasn't lying when he said she was a super soldier.' I thought as I examine her figure.

"Is there something wrong with my appearance?" She asks.

"N-no!" Oh jeez why did I have to stutter now.

"To make up for this mishap why don't I treat you to dinner at xxxxxx?" She offers.

"Sure, sounds good!" I agree as my cheeks heat up.

Violet POV

'Why did I ask such a spontaneous question? I can barely understand others feelings, how am I supposed to understand my own?' I mentally sigh.

It's s now afternoon, I just got off my shift. I make my way home to prepare myself for dinner.

'I hope the place I said is fine, I hope she likes it...why am I even worried?' I wonder.

I take a look that the clock and see it's time for me to leave.

I arrived a bit early so I decided to wait outside the small diner.

(Y/N) POV

As I walk close and closer I see Violet waiting outside for me.

'She really is an angel in disguise, so perfect.' I admired her from afar.

"Thank you for your patience, apologies for being late." I apologize.

"No need, I was early. Anyways let's grab a seat." She states before taking my hand and leading me inside while I'm left with a furious blush.

I go to look at her as she scans the room to see a rosy tint on her cheeks.

'Before I jump to conclusions, is she even into girls?' I thought as we get seated.

"(Y/N)?"

"Yes?" I respond scared of what she's going to say.

"Why do I feel like this?" She asked.

"Like what?"

"My cheeks are hot but I'm not sick, i got nervous for our dinner, I don't get it." She said.

"Hmmmm, sounds like you like someone. Not just as a friend but as a lover or partner." I respond hoping she doesn't say anyones name but mine.

"I feel this way around you though, only you." She looks me in the eyes.

"S-so..." I'm left speechless.

"I see couples kiss...can we?" She bluntly asks.

I can only nod my head.

Her steel hands gently cup my jawline, a bit cold but it feels so right.

As our lips connect the whole world feels like it paused, fireworks are going off in my heart.

As we separate we look at each other.

Both POV

'That was amazing'