Chapter 9

Adel woke up the next morning to an incredible headache, and an extremely dry mouth. Groaning, she rolled over, and reached for the half full water bottle on her night stand. For a moment, she just soaked in her surroundings, and took a deep breath as her sore inner thighs reminded her of what she had done the night before.

"My God." She groaned while resting her head on the palm of her hand. After a moment of dwelling in guilt, she unlocked her phone that sat beside her, and saw Jane had called her.

Sighing deeply, she called her back, "Hello?" She said, not sure what the nature of the phone call would be after she slept with her brother, again.

"Hey, sleeping beauty, I was just calling to ask if you could let Bhavya in, but Brenda got it. I'm on the way back now, do you want me to grab you some coffee? We have a long day ahead of us, and you were pretty gone last night."

Adel could've let out a sigh of relief, "You're a lifesaver, Jane." She laughed a little, "Want the usual?" She nodded as if she could see her, while opening the nightstand drawer next to her, after noticing that it was cracked open "Yes please. I'll Apple Pay you."

A soft chuckle left her lips as she picked up the purple packaging, "Don't worry about it, I'm the one who got you drunk last night." She laughed, "Was I that gone?" Jane laughed too, "You, maybe not so much, but Brenda? Remember how Ky literally had to carry her to her room?"

Adel laughed while shaking her head at the memory, before taking the sticky note from off of the package and reading, 'Call me in the morning?' Followed by Kyung's phone number. "No, last night got way too messy."

Jane nodded in agreement while pulling into the drive through of a coffee shop. "Definitely, but I'm getting coffee now, see you in ten." When she hung up, Adel dialed the number that Kyung had wrote on the sticky note.

"Hello?" He asked while sitting in the airport, with an intense headache from his hangover. "Hey, it's Adel." A smile immediately came to his handsome face, and he subconsciously played with the necklace around his neck.

"O-oh hey, how are you feeling?" He asked, as she got out of bed and stretched her limbs. "I feel like shit, how about you?" He laughed a little while agreeing with her, "About the same, this airport is always so busy."

"Yeah it is, thanks for the... the pill by the way." She said, while reading the back of the package for the instructions, although it was very clear that she was just supposed to take it orally. He nodded, "Of course, it's the least I could do. I wasn't sure if you were on birth control or anything."

Adel nodded while opening the box, "Well I'm on birth control, but there's nothing wrong with being safe. I've never taken one of these before though."

"Oh, then don't feel like you have to, I'm sure everything will be fine if you've never had to take one before." She shrugged, "I've never had a reason to, I mean. So I think I'm gonna take it just in case, you know?"

He nodded, "Yeah, I support whatever decision you make. If you do take it, make sure to eat something first, and drink plenty of water. Especially if you guys plan on drinking again tonight."

"Well you're just a pro at this, aren't you?" She teased, while putting the small pill back into it's plastic packaging, after she was about to take it on an empty stomach. "I wouldn't say a pro, but accidents happen." That made her giggle a little as she went into the bathroom that connected to her bedroom.

"Fair enough, next time we'll just be more careful." He nodded, "Yes, we will. Although last night was great." She smiled while running water for her shower, "It was, wasn't it? I did wake up feeling guilty this morning though."