Late Night cravings

After turning and tossing on the large bed for the nth time, Gulf has had enough. Ever since he got pregnant, Mew had refused to sleep on the same bed as him.

It was a bit too far of a stretch but he was afraid he might accidentally kick or punch Gulf’s stomach or any parts of him. 

And after firmly putting his foot down on the matter, it was decided that Mew would sleep on the mattress on the floor.

"Phi Mew!!!" Gulf ruffled his hair in annoyance. He was sleepy and tired yet he couldn't sleep. 

Everything seems to be frustrating for him. 

"Phi Mew" He called again and this time, he leaned over the bed and shook him lightly. 

"Hmm? Gulf...? What's wrong? Did I snore?"

A series of questions followed and Gulf shook his head. When there was silence, Mew sat up sleepily and yawned before looking at the time on his phone — 3:33 AM. 

"I feel like eating pizza and I can't sleep. Can you order it for me, phi?" Gulf jutted his lower lip out.

How could Mew ever say no to that face? But even though he knew that it was normal to have pregnancy cravings, Mew was worried that he might overfeed and overindulge Gulf. 

But who was he to say no?

He stood up and turned the lights on before leading them both to the living room. 

'Thank God for 24 hours food delivery.' 

Mew thought and after settling his wife on the sofa, he made the call to the pizzeria and asked for a large pepperoni pizza and a large Hawaiian pizza.

He was merely conveying the message from Gulf mouthing the orders to the guy on the phone. 

Mew was uncertain if they could finish the food, but they could always keep the rest for breakfast and lunch.

They spent 5 minutes talking before Gulf fell asleep on Mew's shoulder, lulled by his beautiful gentle voice. 

When the pizza came, Mew shook his wife gently awake and walked to the door. 

With a wide smile on his face, he carried the two boxes of pizza to the sofa.

But a sheepish, apologetic smile on Gulf's face says something else. And Mew was hoping it wasn't what he was thinking. 

"Phi Mew..." Gulf starts.

"Yes...?" 

"Well... I don't feel like eating this anymore, I feel like eating cheesecake. You know, the ones from the supermarkets? The kind that....—" 

It was adorable how Gulf could describe a simple cheap cheesecake and make it sound like it was baked by a world-famous patisserie.

"Alright, I'll go get changed and buy it for you. Wait here okay?" Mew smiled and pressed a loving kiss onto Gulf's head before he left the apartment.

Gulf sighed and occupied himself with his phone. He was beginning to feel sleepy once again but the aroma of the pizza sitting in front of him was too enticing to ignore. 

He didn't crave it anymore but that certainly didn't stop him from wanting to eat.

"Just one. Gotta leave my stomach for cheesecake!" Gulf chirped and happily took a piece of the pizza. 

One, two, three — and soon, the entire boxes of pizza were gone.

Mew had come home with the different kinds of flavoured cheesecakes just to find Gulf asleep on the sofa with the last half-eaten pizza in his hand. 

He chuckled at the cute sight and laughed helplessly.

"What do I do with you, Gulf??"

Carefully, he takes the pizza from his hand and puts it in the box before cleaning his hands and lips with wet wipes. Mew then gently carries him back to the bed. 

As he was about to exit the room to clean up, he paused when he heard Gulf mumbling in his sleep.

"P'Mild, do you know that I have the best husband in the world?"