Time Machine

Looking at him behind the counter was just like admiring a priceless piece of art; it never gets tiring or boring.  

Even after looking at his sunflower for 1095 days, Mew still looks at him with fresh passion and love. 

"How long are you planning to just sit here, Phi?" An all-too-familiar voice interrupted his lingering memories. 

Mild.

Mild might have been there since their Day 1, but being called out in that instant certainly did not make Mew feel good.

"I don't know what you are talking about..." The older one chose to play dumb and shifted his position of comfortably leaning forward. 

Mild opted against saying anything further. Instead, a defeated sigh left his lips and he helped himself with a sip of Mew's coffee. 

Scrunching his face in disgust, the younger one quickly washed his throat down with water from his own tumbler.

"If only you saw Mild now, you would probably laugh until your side hurt..." Mew thought to himself as he shot a glance towards the barista. 

The said barista was joking around with his colleague but the melodic laughter pained Mew. 

Again, his train of thoughts was pulled back by Mild. 

"Why is this coffee so bitter, Phi?" 

He coughed a couple of times before dramatically taking a couple more gulps. 

It was now Mew who couldn't help but laugh at Mild. He was always so funny, cheerful and fun to be with. Nobody has to worry about running out of topics to talk about since Mild is so talkative.

"Do you remember how we used to gang up on Mild, Tua?"

How long has the time passed? I don't know...
But I’m still here at the place we used to be together...
Try to bring back those good memories when…

Silence fell briefly upon them before Mild spoke again. 

"Phi, it's been a year… why don't you go talk to him?"

It wasn't the first, second nor the third time someone had suggested that. Most of it came from Mild and Run since they were their biggest and strongest supporters.

'Do you remember Kaownah, Mild and Run... Tua? They cheered on us so hard....'

Mew's expression fell at that question. It wasn't like he did not want to but what rights does he have? 

This world has only us in it… when you still don't have that person...

If it weren't for him, Gulf wouldn't have suffered and lost his memories. Mew had robbed Gulf of what he had fallen in love with; performing. 

Mew was the one who ruined him. He hurt the one person he loves the most; his beloved sunflower.

So what rights does he have to go back to his life now?

But in the end, I understand… it's all worthless...
Can only just force myself to keep it in...
No matter how many times going over those memories...

Since that dreadful accident, there wasn't a day that went by without Mew feeling guilty. And there wasn't a night that passed where Mew wouldn't cry himself to sleep while going through his photo gallery filled with him and his sunflower. 

You probably erased all of them by now...

If it was not for that fight, Gulf would not have wanted to return to his family's home for that night. All Mew needed to do was to ask him to stay but he was livid to think things through.