Baking #8DaysTillXmasMG

WaanjaiAssemble
#8DaysTillXmasMG #CountdownTillXmasMG

╰┈➤

Mew Suppasit Jongcheveevat might be a lot of things— a successful CEO, a PhD holder and a talented artiste but one thing he truly fails terribly at is— being useful in the kitchen.

No matter how many times Jom has taught him how to bake cookies using the most simplified recipe, Mew could never seem to get it.

He eventually gave up and left the cooking to Gulf since the younger could manoeuvre easily in the kitchen, as opposed to him. On occasions when Gulf was able to cook for them, Mew would do the dishes.

But this time, it was different.

After attending so many lessons from a private cooking academy in secret, Mew had finally succeeded in baking a cake.

Mew had planned to surprise Gulf with a feast on Christmas so he cancelled all of his schedules just to spend with Gulf.

The older man was so proud of himself for managing to keep it a secret from his lover. But he was even prouder when he saw his wonderful creation.

"Good job, Mew!" He patted himself and grinned.

The cake, although simple, was a symbol of Mew's love and affection for Gulf.  He kept it in the refrigerator and waited for Gulf to come home. And to top the surprise off, Mew had ordered several of their favourite foods.

It looked even more festive with the Christmas decorations they had put up together several weeks ago.

But the kitchen vastly contrasted against the beautiful living room. The kitchen was in a huge mess. Flour was all over the counter and on the floor, bits of the cake batter had somehow flown to even the best cabinets. The sink was filled with utensils that he had used as if he was cooking for a feast of 10.

But the excited Mew was too occupied with his surprise to even notice. He wasn't even aware of the fact that he was still wearing his flour-dusted apron. His face and hair were covered in flour, bits of egg mixture and the batter were on his face as well.

Mew really did cook up a storm.

Besides the feast laid on the table, he had also prepared candles and a bouquet of roses as well. When Mew got the signal from Best that Gulf has gone up the building, the man bolted to the kitchen to take his cake and lit the candles up, all in a split second.

"Surprise!" Mew shouted when Gulf walked into the door.

Gulf was indeed surprised.

"P'Mew... what have you done?"

The younger questioned the confused man.

"Aow... don't you like it? I made a surprise for you!"

Gulf chuckled and looked at his beloved then at the feast. He noted that they were mostly his favourites.

"Did you prepare this for me?" He picked the flowers up and sniffed them.

"Yes, Tua Eng. And I baked this for you." Mew showed off his cake. "I actually took a few lessons. Remember those days when I left extra early even though you knew I had no filming?" Mew explained and snaked his arms around Gulf's waist. "That's because I signed up for a few baking lessons. I wanted to surprise you."

Gulf smiled fondly and cupped his cheek. "I love it. Thank you, Phi. But..." Gulf took the cake from him to place it back down on the table and pulled him into their room.

Mew was confused but followed him anyway.

"What—" As Mew was about to question his intention, he noticed how messy he had looked.

"Oui! Aow! I got so excited after baking, I forgot to take off my apron and clean myself!"

Gulf laughed aloud at his silliness. Most of the time, Gulf was considered to be the clueless and the clumsy one so it was extra funny to see Mew slipped 

Mew jutted his lower lip slightly as he looked at Gulf who was still laughing. When Gulf noticed that, he leaned in and whispered in his ears.

"Wanna get cleaned up with me?"