Chapter #6 Rita Skeeter and the Daily Prophet

"So Harry, here you sit, a mere boy of twelve

"So Harry, here you sit, a mere boy of twelve.."

Harry's perspective

"What a charismatic quartet. Hello!" Said a woman standing in front of us. She was blonde and had average height. Se looked to have a very original style in clothes.

Fleur, Viktor, Cedric and I were called to meet here. I don't know what for, I didn't even get to eat breakfast.

"I'm Rita Skeeter, I write for the daily prophet. But of course, you know that don't you. It's you we don't know, you're the news. What quirks lurk beneath those rosy cheeks?" She said and grabbed Fleur's cheek "What mysteries do the muscles mask?" She said while walking next to Viktor. This is getting kinda weird "Does courage lie beneath those curls?" She said and messed with Cedric's hair "In short, what makes a champion tick. Me, I and I want to know. Not to mention my rabid readers. So, who's feeling up to sharing?" Nobody moved, no one wanted to go first and for a Good reason "Mmm? Shall we start with the youngest? Lovely" She said and walked towards me.

Brilliant

She grabbed my arm, quite harshly really and takes me away from the rest. We end up in... a closet?

"This is cosy," She said

"It's a broom cupboard," I said, stating the obvious.

"You should feel right at home then," She said to me. 

I felt the need to curse her at that moment "Don't mind if I use the quill do you?" She asked, but didn't give me a chance to answer, because she started the interview. 

The quill she was talking about was floating in midair, writing down everything she said. It had long green feathers.

"So Harry, here you sit, a mere boy of twelve.."

"I'm fourteen"

"...about to compete against three students. Not only vastly more emotionally mature than yourself but have mastered spells that you wouldn't attempt in your dizziest daydreams. Concerned?" She asked me.

"I dunno I haven't thought about it," I said. I didn't even think of that. I was concerned about something else.

"Of course, you're not just any ordinary boy of twelve are you"

"Fourteen" I corrected again. She's getting under my skin, I know I'm short, but not that short!

"The story's legend. Do you think it was the trauma of your past that made you so keen to enter such a dangerous tournament?" She asked me. I'm starting to think that her goal here is to piss me off.

"No, I didn't enter," I said.

"Course you didn't," She said and gave me a wink, of course, not believing me one bit "Everyone loves a rebel, Harry. Scratch that last" She said to her quill, and it did as told.