Chapter #10 First Challenge

"Tell me, Darling, are you jealous?"

Harry's perspective

After Professor Moody told me to follow him, he lead me to his room oddly enough. He sat down and took off his prosthetic leg. He said something about glass, but I didn't quite listen to him, but then a loud noise came from a trunk across the room.

"Wouldn't even bother telling you what's in there. You wouldn't believe it if I did. Now... what are you going to do about your dragon?" He asked me when I took a seat.

"Oh... um... You know I just thought I'd" I tried to explain, but I have no bloody clue on what to do about the dragon.

"Listen to me, Potter. Your pal Diggory, by your age, he could take a whistle into a watch and have it sing you the time. Miss Delacour, she's as much a fairy princess as I am. As for Krum, his head may be filled with sawdust but Karkaroff's is NOT. They'll have a strategy, and you can bet that it'll play to Krum's strengths. Hmm? Come on Potter. What are your strengths?" He questioned.

I don't know what my strengths are, most of my life and the things I've done, have been out of luck mostly.

"Um... I dunno... I can fly. I mean I'm a fair flyer" I spoke when I remembered I played quidditch.

"Better than fair the way I heard it" He added.

"But I'm not allowed a broom" I remembered, so why being a fair flyer be of use.

"You're allowed a wand," He said, and it all clicked in my head.

***

The day of the first challenge has come, and I'm sitting in a tent with the other champions, waiting for it to begin. I'm nervous.

"Harry!" I hear someone whisper, and I turn around to find Charlotte sneaking into the tent. My face instantly lights up, just looking at her. "I'm here to wish you luck, oh, you'll do brilliantly, I know it" She spoke, hugging me.

"Thank you. I needed that" I said.

"Don't worry Harry. You'll do great, you'll beat that dragon and make it out in one piece" She added, it's comforting.

"Pssst! Harry? Is that you?" I heard another whisper, this time coming from outside the tent.

"Yeah" I replied to Hermione.

"How are you feeling? OK? The key is to concentrate. After that, you just have to..." Hermione started to say.

"Battle a dragon" I cut her off, jokingly. But she instantly came inside the tent and hugged me. But a bright camera flashes and the three of us turn around to find Rita Skeeter.

"Young love! Ohh how.. stirring. If everything goes, unfortunately, today you might make the front page." Said Rita Skeeter with a smile, I hate her "But you know what even more stirring than young love? I love triangles. Tell me, Darling, are you jealous?" She asked Charlotte, but she just rolled her eyes and gave her a death glare.