Chapter 1 - I Have a Mate!

AN: Just casually dropping by and giving you this. This became a proper fic, LMAO. A continuation of my KongArt Week entry 'Sniff No, Sniff Yes!'

For , after so long, here it is. (/ω\*)......... (/ω•\*)

--_--

"Do you have a reservation, sir?" asked the maître d'.

"Ah, yes. Rojnapat, please."

He watched as the pleasant middle-aged guy tapped on the monitor in front of him. Then he was calling for one of the waitstaffs to usher him in. He thanked the older guy with a pleasant smile and then he was entering the restaurant. He followed the waitress as they navigated through the main dining area towards the more secluded areas at the back.

He saw his parents already seated, relaxed and occasionally talking. He wai-ed at them when he arrived then he was being engulfed into the warm embrace of his mother. He hugged his father, too, before he sat down on the available seat.

"Oon, it's so nice to see you," his mother greeted him, squeezing his hand in her smaller ones.

"You should come home once in a while, son. Your mother misses you," his father added gently.

"I'm sorry, Mae, Por. School's just too busy. You know that I'm a third year already and I am head hazer on top of that. I have a lot of obligations on my plate."

"And is running fifty-four laps and getting hospitalized one of you obligations, too?" asked his mother, one perfectly shaped eyebrow raised.

"I-I—"

"Don't bother denying it, Arthit," Khun Phunsawat Rojnapat told him. His parents stared silently at him, while he only ducked his head, not able to meet their gazes.

He heard a sigh and he hazarded a peek.

"Look, we've given you freedom to do whatever you liked all this time, with only a slight guiding hand to steer you off the more unsavory things in life. This is the first time that this happened and I can understand that the reason behind your actions were noble—"

"How'd you know that, Mae?"

"Did you forget that Khun Surichai's daughter is also studying in your faculty? She showed us the video of you doing that-that-- barbaric punishment, and the posts that accompanied it. We read the comments about it and how you and your group managed to wow your freshmen. But did it have to be as harsh as running fifty-four laps? Was it worth it, Arthit?" his father asked.

"Do you even know how worried we were when we learned that you had been admitted to the hospital, hmm? The hospital called by the way, and I nearly had a heart attack," Khun Achara Rojnapat added, worry evident on her beautiful face.

"...I'm sorry, Mae. Por," he answered quietly.

His parents observed him, saw how he was looking contrite and they couldn't help but melt. He was their only child after all, and they'd do anything for him. But they have to persevere to understand how this all happened and how to stop something like this from happening again in the future.

"I still don't understand why you have to go through something like this," Phun stated.

Arthit set out to explaining about what had happened during the past hazing sessions and how the number of students attending kept dwindling. He also explained how their actions—receiving the punishment set by the fourth year hazers—had helped in bringing in back the several students that had been skipping the gatherings.

His parents weren't all that happy when they found out that he was only supposed to be doing twenty laps instead of the fifty-four, as evident on their frowning faces. Then his mother berated him for being too prideful and stubborn. He could only take the lashing out he received quietly, just like how he had taken his mate's admonishment. He still stood by his decision, though, that his fifty-four laps were worth it, and he said so to his parents, much to their dismay.