Chapter 19 - Forever, Finally

AN: I'm still not sure IF I could write an epilogue for this one so I'm tagging it complete for now. I'll just announce it over my wall if I did manage to write one.

SMUT ALERT. SMUUUUUUUUUT. R18. NOT EVEN THE SLIGHTEST LEMON. IT'S LEMON.

--_--

A lone figure sat on the sandy beach, watching the horizon absentmindedly. There was a smile playing on his lips as the sun rose steadily up the sky. Another figure appeared beside him, slumping down with a huff on the sand.

"Why are you up so early? Why are you here and not in our bed? You know, sleeping like normal people do? Why? Just– why?"

Kongpob chuckled, resting his head on top of his knees to watch his boyfriend instead.

"Watching the sunrise," he answered like it was the most obvious thing. Arthit whined in answer.

"Why didn't you just watch me instead?"

Kongpob stared at his boyfriend incredulously. The latter continued to pout sleepily at him. It caused him to bark out a laugh.

"Admit it, I'm cuter than the one you're watching. And I don't hurt your eyes so you can stare at me for as long as you want," Arthit said to sell himself, mock-serious, which caused the omega to laugh harder until he was sprawled on the sand.

Arthit leaned over the other, propping his head on his palm, a lopsided smile finally stretching his lips.

"I'm amazed at your self confidence."

"Well. I'm amazing. And cute. Let's not forget cute."

Kongpob dissolved into another bout of laughter. Arthit watched him with his eyes twinkling. Then he bent down to kiss his omega's scrunched up nose.

"And you're not so bad yourself," he declared before pecking at those tempting lips, wanting to taste his laughter.

The omega readily puckered his lips, the occasional giggle escaping in between kisses. The sweet moment was interrupted by the growling of someone's stomach– Kongpob's– which again elicited another round of giggles from both.

Arthit pulled him up, pulled him towards the house, walking hand in hand, shoulder to shoulder. A comfortable silence enveloped them.

There had been a lot that had happened in the past month, and after a long time of bad things happening, for once, something good happened instead. A series of some fortunate events.

For one, they managed to negotiate a reasonable price with the company that Khun Pei had recommended, thus making their cost analysis lower and more appealing to the board. When they presented the new proposal to them, they had been reluctant still, but they were more receptive to it, especially since the project would be done with a target client already through the partnership.

Even if their team had to have meetings upon meetings with them with all the revisions that they required, they persevered. And their perseverance paid off. The day before they went to the beach was the day their designs and proposals were finally approved and that they were about to make a sample product– a complete system. The product was to be produced at a later date, though, since the company would be focusing more on the approved launch product first.

Kongpob's pet project might not have been the launch product of the company but he didn't mind it. Not one bit. After all, the product had the potential to help them become visible in the industry. And his project was still being manufactured anyway.

Another thing that was fortunate for them was the almost non-existent bouts of anxiety attacks on Kongpob. He has recovered almost completely and everyone around him was glad about it. Heck, it was one of the reasons why Arthit had dragged him off now to the beach; to celebrate all the good things happening in their lives as of the moment. Kongpob was just sad that his friends couldn't come because of prior engagements.