Chapter 7 - this ain't a tragedy, pinky swear

A short update.

--_--

Arthit's POV

I received a text message from P'Tum telling me to meet up with him later in the day. I told him that I was available at four onwards. He set the meeting place and time before I returned my phone on my jeans' pocket and continued my hunt for reference books.

I was currently at the library along with the gang, doing our individual researches. As usual, Bright and Tutah were cramming while Prem, Knot and I just needed some more references for a more compelling conclusion. I knew that after we've finished ours, the other two would be nagging us to help them, so I also got some of the reference materials for them.

"Oh, P'. Sawasdee kha," someone said from my side. I turned my head to see a few of my juniors standing there. I smiled neutrally towards them, noting the docile postures of the ones with the alpha female. My eyes caught sight of the other alpha among them, and I carefully maintained my neutral expression upon seeing her among them.

"Sawasdee, nong. Research?" I asked Prae.

My boyfriend's and my friend group had started to mingle with one another, with me and Kong, and surprisingly, Wad and Prem, too, being the bridge between us. Seeing this, the other first years had started to ease up around their seniors too, but most of them avoided our particular group still. It might due to the fact that I hang out with them, being a high alpha and all.

I couldn't care less. I actually enjoyed the peace and quiet of being feared. Wait, that sounded a bit sociopathic... Eh.

But sometimes, the way they would avoid me at all cost irked me and I had to learn to brush those off my shoulders, not letting myself get affected too much.

"Yes, P'. Professor gave us unique topics for each group so we're here for that. I've learned early on during the semester that they prefer the ones from the book rather than the ones from the internet."

"Oh yeah. But you shouldn't also discard the ones from the internet. They can be used to support your cases still. Just that, you have to be pickier about your sources. They also check the citations so you have to be aware of those."

"Oh, right! Thanks for reminding me P'. I'll be sure to jot down the details beforehand."

"No problem. I'll be going now. Knot and Prem are probably ready to kill the other two by now," I told her with a roll of my eyes. I looked at the other juniors, who looked at us with barely concealed wonderment, and nodded my head towards them.

"Bye P'! Kong is with the guys, by the way. They're his groupmates," she told me nonchalantly.

"I-I didn't ask for him!" I spluttered.

"Oh, I just thought to tell you. Just in case you go looking for him."

"There's this thing you call a phone, nong," I deadpanned, even waving my own phone in front of her.

"Well, now you don't need to call him."

"Goodbye, nong," I said with a roll of my eyes and a small smile.

As I trudged away from their group, I heard furious whisperings and a light chuckle. Another thing that changed after the gear giving ceremony was that, Kong and I had been more open about our relationship to the public. By that, I meant we no longer hide it to everybody that we meet up and spend time together without the fighting that we usually displayed during the hazing activities. We didn't bother to announce it to the whole campus though, nor were we overly sweet with one another. We just let others speculate with regards to the nature of our relationship. And speculate they did.