Chapter 3 - this ain't a tragedy!

AN: Here I am again! Like I said in my other fic, sk8r boi, I am only able to update my fics once per weekly because my work demands most of my time. I am taking into alternately updating them so that I have some form of a schedule. Gosh, I have a lot of ideas, my brain is killing me with plots of different fics. I have to rein them in instead because I will definitely have multiple ongoing fics all at once. 

And uh... Should I continue writing stuff? I have no idea what's happening lately... Is the peraya ship... sinking? That's sad. It's gonna be a sed lyf if it's true. 😔😔😔

--_--

Kongpob's POV

We had that (dreaded) dinner almost a month after P'Arthit asked me about it. It's been so hard to coordinate our parents' free schedules since both sets were busy with their respective companies. My parents didn't know this but I was aware that they were under fire with the board members since the oldies were clamoring – no, demanding—for an heir to the company. The majority of the shareholders were loyal to Mae and Por, and they very much would want for Por to retain the chairmanship. But the lack of heir, since both my sisters were committed to their mates' own companies, was making them nervous. They were eyeing one of the board members to take over the chairmanship, a brilliant, young businessman, unmated alpha... but a goddamn prick.

They didn't want to hand over the company to him because of his attitude, but most of them wanted to retire, or near retiring already. They were looking for fresh blood, and they would've wanted someone not as hot-headed as that board member.

Most of them didn't know of my existence, didn't know anything about me. And that was stressing my Mae and Por a lot. This, in turn, was making me stressed out. My guilt for having brought this upon them was eating me, and that was why my decision to complete the bond with P'Arthit as soon as possible strengthened.

I told him about this, about my guilt, about my doubts, and he gathered me in his arms and comforted me. His resolve to bond with me was also reinforced, whatever our parents would tell us. We were doing it no matter what.

So, there I stood, in front of the restaurant, my first time to dine in such upscale place since, you know, I was basically a shut in for most of my life and when I was allowed outside, I had been overly ecstatic on going to simple ones with my friends and other normal places that regular teenagers would visit.

I took a fortifying breath, pulling at the lapels of my black coat to straighten it, then strode nearer the entrance. I approached the maître d warily, having had the weird notion that he would judge me since I was wearing a simple suit (without the neck tie and the top two buttons popped open).

"U-uhm... excuse me?" I said to gain his attention.

"Yes sir? How may I help you?" he asked with a polite smile.

"Uh, I am here for a dinner meeting?"

"Do you have a reservation sir?"

"It's under Rojnapat."

"Please wait for a while, sir. I will just check the system..."

O—kay, that wasn't bad at all. In fact, the guy was surprisingly amicable. Nothing like the movies at all.

"Oh, sir... It seems that we have two reservations under that name. One for six o'clock and the other for seven. I'm guessing you're here for the seven o'clock one?" he asked politely.

"Ah, yes."

"Right this way, then, sir."

"Thank you."