Chapter 2 - he's mine!

AN: Yey! update. I'm an irregular updater because I get writer's block, and I am busy with work, and I have other things to do, like, I dunno, read fanfiction or something. Nyahahaha. But writer's block is the main hindrance why I couldn't update as  much as I could. I don't want to give cringey stuff to you, too, so... Uhm, I actually had several chapters that I had to rewrite a lot of times for this story. So... yeah... Thank you for understanding and for being patient with me. Kudos to y'all! 💞(づ ̄ 3 ̄)づ💗💞

--_--

I entered another restaurant that same day, but early in the evening. I scanned the crowd of chattering office workers and students, trying to find a familiar face among the crowd. I spotted one of my seniors and made a beeline towards their table.

I greeted them politely, and P'Tum started his teasings. I noticed that there were more people than usual, and then I spied his fiancée approaching our table.

"Oh, is this a co-code dinner, P'? 0206 and 0062?" I asked my ex-head hazer as I sat down on the vacant seat he indicated opposite him.

"Yes. Didn't you get the message?" he asked.

"No, P'. I only read the one you sent out weeks ago."

"Oh. Well, now you know," he said cheekily.

Conversation flowed as we caught up with our graduated seniors, them complaining about how it was in the real world. P'Tum also started to interrogate me about my infamous stunt of fifty-four laps and I hemmed and hawed about it, but it was ultimately my direct codeline junior who regaled them the story. I just sat there, getting progressively embarrassed.

"Sorry, P'. There were a lot of people at the buffet table," came the slightly harangued voice of a female. She set down her plate on the table opposite us and she looked kinda familiar.

"Kong, come sit here," she called out, all wide smiles and fluttering eyelashes, looking somewhere behind our seat. I stiffened especially when she uttered that familiar name. Slowly, I turned my head and came face to face with a pleasantly surprised boyfriend, who was looking straight at me. I pointedly looked at the ample seating space beside me and I saw how his lips twitched. Then he looked at where the other first year was before addressing her.

"Actually, I don't think we would fit in there comfortably. P'Arthit, may I sit beside you?" he asked me, cloyingly sweet. I could sense some people staring at us, probably waiting for something to happen – an altercation perhaps? — taking into consideration how my relationship with the younger was perceived by them as hostility.

"B-but, are you sure, Kong?" the woman asked.

"You can sit here, Nong. I don't mind. They are already crowded on the other side of the table," I answered nonchalantly, scooting further into the bench to leave ample space for the younger.

"Are you sure about that, N'Arthit? You're not gonna yell at him just because he splashed some soup on you, right?" P'Korn, my direct line senior asked teasingly. The others who were still in university snickered at this, making the graduates look questioningly at us. The two sophomores smiled briefly, exchanging knowing looks with one another, while the other first year could barely smile. She squirmed on her seat when I trained my eyes on her.

"Why?" asked P'Fon, her eyebrows furrowed. I gestured at Kongpob to take a seat already since he had been hovering beside me all this time. I unthinkingly reached out for one of the food laden plates to set down on the table. He uttered a soft thank you as he sat down beside me.

"O-ho. Chivalrous head hazer!" P'Korn exclaimed. "What is this, N'Arthit, huh? Huh?"

Can I slug my senior? Seriously?