Chapter 9 - for our future...

AN: Seems like I am back to sporadic updates... I'm sorry about that. I had been facing several blocks on this story. By the way, it gets a little bit boring from here on out? Because I wrote A LOT of corporate stuff. By the way, these are all dubious corporate stuff. I only had google to rely on to for these things.

With that being said, on to the story!

--_--

Kongpob's POV

It was a pleasant surprise for me when the students that Prof. Tipnarapat was referring to turned out to be P'Bright and P'Arthit. My mind couldn't wrap around the fact that the two partnered up together, a very unlikely combination since P'Arthit despised overly loud noises. And P'Bright was loud noises personified.

I was so happy with this development and I could tell the P'Arthit was, too. P'Bright, on the other hand, was all obnoxious about us, and also getting in between us, that we couldn't even concentrate sometimes. Might as well, because I was pretty sure that the project wouldn't progress if the two of us were the only ones involved in it.

I've got to commend the seniors though, both P'Arthit and P'Bright. The latter was very insightful whenever he deemed to be serious and the former very well knew how to achieve that, keeping a tight leash around his friend's neck without the other knowing he was being played by the other. Or maybe he knew?

Anyways, we made surprising progress with the project.

What had been a simple hydroponics system that could be integrated for greenhouses was now a better system that could be integrated inside buildings. The automated system incorporated with the simple design that I made, courtesy of the seniors, it made the maintenance of plants easier that even inaccessible areas in tall buildings can be integrated with this one. This meant that the target market had grown even more since the current trend now in architecture was all about Green Buildings.

The three of us were giddy about this project, especially for me and P'Arthit. This meant a lot for us because it would be our first project together, a joint venture that could bridge our two companies, and paving the way towards the planned merger in the future.

All throughout the rest of the semester, we worked hard on this. This was my final output for our design subject, and the same was true for both P'Bright and P'Arthit. When it had been time to present the proposal to the two companies— they were indeed LamCo and SI—it was already nearing semestral break.

I had been a nervous wreck, with P'Bright laughing at me while P'Arthit tried to sooth my nerves. P'Arthit was probably used to things like this by now, what with his training in their own company and his past experiences during college.

The presentation was a success, with us managing to answer every concern of both group of representatives from the two companies. I also found out then that P'Arthit had been the one who won during his own freshman year and that SI had actually taken an interest to his proposal, one of the panel members recognizing him.

SI could've gotten P'Arthit's proposal if it had not been for the open-secret feud between the Suthilucks and the Rojnapats. As it stood, RS Industries had also been part of the panel and the representatives of SI didn't bother to negotiate for P'Arthit's proposal, even though it had been a really good one.

We stood to the side as the two company representatives hashed it out on who gets the project, me biting my inner cheek in nervousness. After some time, the representatives seemed to have finally come into an agreement. They called our attention and uttered a few words of explanations before they told us their decisions.